August 17, 2006

Stitch



Blood, blood & more blood – need I say more?!

Had a “quick” 2+ hour visit to the local ER Monday night… not the best experience… not the worst… just glad that our boy is on the mend and doesn’t seem to be traumatized by the situation in the least.

Climbing on the parked Gator is one of Mason’s favorite (not so safe) things to do, and while it may seem harmless, it somehow created total havoc in our lives for a few hours.

6:30 Mason fell of the gator – cutting his cheek in a small X pattern (BLOOD everywhere)

6:31 I grab two clean towels and the hose, spraying everything (myself included) down to see where exactly all the BLOOD is coming from

6:35 Ian is working in the field right next to our house (what is the chance of that?!) and comes home to say “yep – he needs stitches!”

7:10 We arrive at the hospital with a somewhat dazed, bloody boy.

7:23 Mason gets a wrist band and shows EVERYONE in the waiting room… even the 2 month old baby sitting near us. I’m convinced the bracelet had some “turbo power juice” because he seemed to forget all about his cut face and bloody mouth and played with his tractors and trucks like nothing had ever happened.

7:45 We are seen by the nurse who sees that Mason has not been slowed down by the injury – loved her and her great attitude with Mason

8:00 Mason is held down and given a topical numbing agent that is taped to his face… I’m sure you can imagine how well that went… and how many times the tape had to be replaced.

8:15 We walk the halls, waiting for the numbing to set in… Mason is getting very tired!

8:35 Mason is wrapped in a papoose type blanket and held down by Ian and 2 nurses… eyes covered and scared to death.

8:50 Our screaming boy is unwrapped and as good as new with 3 big stitches!

9:00 We head home – exhausted, hungry and happy to have had a good experience at the local ER! Mason was sound asleep before he even got out of town.

9:40 Dinner was hot and ready for us – blessed to have Mimzy so close… thanks so much – it was delicious!

We’re sure this is the first of many trips to the ER… knowing that our son is a true farm boy with little, if any fear, and a love for machinery!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stitches are not the most pleasant thing to have, but thankful that it wasn't more serious.
We pray that God will heal your "owie" quickly, Mason.
Love you, love you!!
Grammy and Papa

Anonymous said...

been there, done that, but HATED the local ER! It is good that you had a good experience. I pray that I NEVER have to go there again! Poor little guy.

Anonymous said...

Ow!That look like it hert!

Michelle said...

It's been an ER summer for us as well... they seem to be better than their reputation. :-) Memories, though... huh?

Kristie said...

The second and third trips are much easier! Its kinda like changing poopy diapers...you rotate who gets to be the one in the room with the screaming child!

William to date two trips to the ER. Five stitches in his hand. The second burst ear drum.

John to date one trip to the ER. Weather vane to the face. Only on stitch.

I have to say that we have had great care all three times we have been there. Unfortunately next time its my turn again to be in with the injured child. What a mother I sound like huh!?!? Three boys under the age of 5 you get used to blood! Thank goodness my oldest is a careful one or we would have more trips to add to the list!

Shannon said...

oh no...poor little guy and mommy. But I just have to say you are a super mom for taking pictures of the experience!!! Great scrapbook page.

Anonymous said...

Linds, I love looking at your pictures even when they are tough ones on you! I loved your timing of everything and how you put it on your page. I hope that Mason is feeling better soon and that it wasn't to traumatizing for you. Alexa says to tell you hi, and that she is loving looking at all the pictures too.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin