June 9, 2006

Milestone

30 years ago my dad finished his first year of teaching at Buff Elementary in Madras, Oregon.... and I was born the next day.... now, how's that for timing?!

I'm 30.... and I am happy!
I feel peace like I never have before.


I smile and think to myself...
What is 30 anyway?!?

I don't feel any different today than I did last week...
should I??
I still have...
freckles,
allergies,
short hair.

I still love...
birthday cards,
pictures,
angle food cake,
laughter,
sweats,
baseball caps,
wheat fields,
sunsets,
farm life.

I'm still a...
daughter,
grand-daughter,
sister,
wife,
mother,
teacher,
friend.

I have gained...
an amazing husband,
a beautiful son,
immesurable friendships.

I'm a work in progress.

30 is me...
it's my life...
it's who I am...
it's every memory I've ever made...
it's every opportunity I've ever had to make a difference!

Life... it just keeps getting better!


Thanks for being a part of the adventure!



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday.
Awesome outlook and cute picture!
Happy Summer!

Shannon said...

Happy Happy Birthday Linds! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Bithday!

Kristie said...

Happy Birthday Lindsay!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Linds! It was great spending the weekend with you. We do good work together. Here's to another 30 + years spending time with my best friend and wonderful sister!! Love ya lots!!!

Brenna said...

Glad to hear it! Thank goodness for people like you! I totally love your perspective! Happy Birthday.

Anonymous said...

Lindsay
What a blessing you have been in OUR lives over these 30 years.... you are an amazing young woman and a wonderful daughter. We are so proud of you!!! Here's to many, many more years of laughter and love!

Anonymous said...

What a cute picture of you!! I love the crayon candles on your cake. . .how perfect! Happy 30th birthday!!

Karen Snyder

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin