January 2, 2009
The {Land of Familiar}.
Part of {dreaming} is choosing to leave the {Land of Familiar}.
It's stepping out in faith.
It's realizing that things could possibly change ... and choosing to be {ok} with that.
It's wanting to pursue something that might not be comfortable or easy, but exciting at the same time.
It's trusting in the unknown, the unseen, the uncertain.
... and ... I'm not so good at it.
Especially on days like today when it's pouring down rain one minute and snowing the next.
Days like today when the wind is gusting and water is running down the hillside.
Days like today when a baby calf is found and brought into the trailer ... dried off & cared for ... only to die a few hours later.
Days like today when my husband and I step out in faith - not knowing what lies ahead.
Days like today when Hebrews 11:1-2 and Jeremiah 29:11 and Psalm 139 are ringing in my ears and soothing my soul.
Days like today when Ian looks at me as we're driving to town and I'm ranting about the chaos that seems to surround us, and says ... "you need to pray."
I'm dreaming.
We're dreaming.
And folks, dreaming isn't always easy.
{maybe that's why {dream} is my word for '09}
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








15 comments:
Way to go Ian. Keep it short and sweet and to the point. I think we all need to hear those words now and again.
I am so sorry you guys are fighting this...It feels like there is no good place to have calves right now. Today I went out and every calf just looked horrid. When they are wet, they hump up..... Later this afternoon everythong looked lot better... We are praying for you guys as well. WE KNOW the feeling. Keep the Faith, Keep strong and Keep taking steps on your journey even when it does not feel like the right path,
Mr Tammy
Days like today are when "the rubber meets the road" and you trust that God is directing each step you take ......knowing He will take you down the right path!!
Sorry to hear that the calf died .... hard to understand why but keep trusting that there is a reason beyond today....
We love you Linds, Ian, Mason and Mack.
Oh my goodness, you have been busy. It's only been a couple of days and I am already 3 posts behind you. It was a nasty day and I'm sorry you all had be out in it. I hope days get brighter for you soon.
My sweet sister in the cattle life...I so can feel for you today...I hate days like that...but, I'm thankful we can go to God with it in prayer...I'm thankful that in the midst of it all ...Ian asked you to do just that- PRAY! Please call if there is anything at all we can do...From my heart.....
Your post has stirred me up a bit and at this moment, I just can't be bothered with complete sentences and correct punctuation. Alas, the list:
1. You have a great husband. :)
2. I'm so sorry about the calf- how frustrating and sad all at the same time.
3. I love the verses that were sung to your soul- esp Psalm 139, which reminds me that you are fearful AND it makes you wonderful!
4. I love the way you captured the Lord in your path with your camera (the crosses in the roads).
5. When the going gets tough, the tough look to their faith and you are one tough lady. :)
Faith. Leap....and the net will appear. (I read that somewhere and can't remember where).
hugs to you tonight, Lindsay.
awesome photos - I love the last one.. it looks like hope.
Things happen. Life happens. But you have to hope there is a way to get through.. You know there is.
I'm glad that you are striving to dream even on days that are hectic and crazy and sad. I'm rejoicing that even in the chaos that is your life right now, that you are longing to dream God's dream for your life.
I'm praying for your family my blogging friend, and I'm praying that God's dream will be realized in your life this year.
Have a good weekend.
Keep dreaming! Those without vision (dreams) perish! :)
Each new day is His gift to us, we must...
Choose to follow our dreams,
Choose to accept the new path that is being placed before us,
Choose to turn the page over to a new chapter,
Choose to embrace all that each new day is.
"For this is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalms 118:24
2009 will be filled with His joy and His peace for those that are willing to have faith and follow His lead!
You are better at this than you think you are! Praying for this dream that is coming to reality for you and Ian.
Linds,
This was a tough post for me to read. I am sorry the baby calf had to die, but I love that you have a word for 2009, and I love the verses you chose to use to get you through your day. I hope the rest of your weekend is a little better. Keep smiling and remember how loved you are.
Lindsay,
Praise God that you (and Ian) know which way to turn. Prayer never fails.
Seek the joy in each moment.
Love,
Kellie
I love your new word for the year.Don't you wonder when others have days like that how they get through without knowing Who is in charge?? I'm glad you do.
I remember those days trying to keep calves alive in our basement. Only God knows why some make it and some don't. I also pray for your dreams to come true. I love how you think. :) You truly have a God-given gift for putting it all in words. I loved the article in the paper about teaching and how tough it can be. I really was so good. Hang in there!
im loving all your pictures!!
Post a Comment