January 2, 2008

TIME

What I want to define me: TIME.

What I pray I will use wisely: TIME.

What I hope to give to others: TIME.

What I need to cherish daily: TIME.

Live Simply. Expect Little. Give Much.

That motto, those words, the way I desperately and wholeheartedly want to live... for me, those 6 words, those 30 letters... they mean TIME.

I want to live in a way that draws others in.
I want to live in a way that, through the simplest of things, God is evident.
I want to radiate simplicity. I don't want to be complicated. I want to be me... and happy with it.

I want to expect nothing and give everything - to God, to my husband, to my sweet little boys, to my family, to my friends, to each and every person I come in contact with.

I want TIME to define me.

I've read a wonderful book: The Wednesday Letters.

I've watched an amazing movie: P.S. I love you.

We've given our Christmas Jar away.

That book, the movie, the family we gave our money to - they each put things into perspective for me.
I've started my own version of the Wednesday Letters - mine are on Thursday though. :)
I've realized that the love I sometimes take for granted could be gone tomorrow & I need to love my heart out right now - even when I don't feel like it!
I've seen what a simple jar can do for someone and I wish I could give 10 thousand jars away.

My TIME has been used wisely the past two weeks and as I look a new year in the face, I pray that I use the TIME that God gives me each and every day so that the lives of those I interact with will become better.

14 comments:

KayDee said...

Lindsay, you radiate your motto!

I so appreciate your words, thoughts and wisdom you share through your blog.

TIME -- four little letters -- that do define each of us and what we accomplish. The one thing that equalizes everyone is time -- each of us has the same 24 hours a day to do the things we choose to do with it.

I purchased both the Wednesday Letters and the Christmas Jar after your great recommendation -- fabulous and uplifting - both of them.

You indeed make a difference in my life and I know in many others lives as well.

Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

speechless.
love to you today!

Katie said...

Lindsay, I am blessed to know you! Such beautiful thoughts so eloquently written. Happy New Year!

Michelle said...

Bless you today... as we begin a new year! Back to our day to day grind.

kjenns said...

Lindsey,
I haven't read Wednesday letters, but one of my resolutions is to write letters more, I must go and get the book, right after I write a letter! :)
You share yourself each and every time you blog. You are an amazing woman...
Grace, mercy and peace to you from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ today!
Kellie

Kristie said...

Happy New Year!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Great post! Thanks for the inspiration--as always!

Melissa said...

You are amazing! I want to know more about your Christmas Jar. I want to see that movie you watched it looks like a good one!

Anonymous said...

TIME is the greatest gift we can give.....
There was special meaning to Christmas this year because we didn't focus on present buying but on giving our TIME to each other!! I really felt that we had insight into the REAL MEANING of Christmas....giving of ourselves, not from our pocketbooks but from our hearts!
I loved the time we got to spend with you, Ian, Mason, Mack., Kirsten and Steve... and look forward to the next opportunity to spend TIME together.

Anonymous said...

I agree with your mom. Time is the greatest gift we can give someone! I love all of our time together!

Brenna said...

Love this.
Completely and totaly agree with Kaydee.
..and in case I haven't told you recently ~ You're Amazing!

Crystal said...

Very well said friend. Blessings to you!

Tiffany said...

Wasn't that movie PS I love you AMAZING!! Seriously. I cried AND laughed through the entire thing!
Loved it!

Kailin said...

I love this post...as always. I too need to cherish and use time more wisely.
I am facinated with the Christmas Jar and hope tp be doing one next year!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin