Swimming lessons – not so sure that I can use the word “love” this year, but I do feel confident enough to say that Mason “liked” floating and kicking and blowing bubbles enough to go back for more. He was a little timid about the whole thing, but I’m bound and determined to have a child that loves the water as much as I do... and as far as the bubbles are concerned… well, he’s been practicing in the galvanized bucket the dogs drink from – oh man, gotta love it!

The swathers have been here and are now gone – what a beautiful, beautiful sight in the morning light – and I did my best to capture it for all of you at 5:30 a.m..

The grass is sitting in rows now – waiting for the combines to make their way to “farm 2” and drying out in the HOT, HOT sun!
Mason and I are keeping cool in the little pool we have – and the hose is our new best friend for more reasons than one (more on that to come).


Mom & Dad came to visit for a couple of days – and got to witness the beginnings of the sickness that has made its way through our home and several others… hitting the children and the daddy’s of the homes the hardest. I wish I could say that it’s totally gone, but it’s still hanging on by a thread. Saturday while Mason and I were watering the flowers I gained a new appreciation for the hose and its “mist” attachment. I think that it’s probably a good thing we don’t live in town because the small boy at our home had a HUGE accident outside … and well, after the diaper was removed, the shoes were emptied, and the clothes hosed out, the “mist” attachment seemed to be the greatest thing since Costco’s diaper wipes – what a sight!

Bubbles, bubbles, bubbles – love them and love this awesome tray/wand set called the Unbelievable Bubble Maker. What a treat - thanks Grammy & Papa!

Dylan & Mason – Mason & Dylan … aren’t they just the cutest little farmers around?!

Pictures, pictures & more pictures… Becky & Brandon came out on Saturday… and I think for my first “real” photo shoot of people (not including babies), I captured some great ones of this cute, cute couple. Thanks you two – it was fun!

After a great morning at church (worship on the lawn), breakfast a Shari’s (thanks Darrin & Ang), and a not so fun PGG experience (let’s just say that a hose with a “mister” would have been a great thing to have in the back seat of the pickup… do I need to say more?!) we made our way to the mountain pasture and beautiful doesn’t even describe it. My husband, the cattleman/farmer/mechanic/you name it – he can do it, awesome man that I married, made my day wonderful yesterday – thanks Ian!

Life – it is so interesting.
Through all the ups and downs, highs and lows, craziness, peacefulness, sickness, happiness, sweltering heat, pouring rain, gusting wind (we are located directly in the middle of the “blowing dust – next 40 miles” along I-84), and all the other things that life brings... I’m choosing to make the most of every moment and thanking God for His provision and protection as my family “carries on” and lives the journey He’s prepared for us here at the Windy M.
Happy summer everyone!
4 comments:
glad to see you updated!
so sorry to hear that Mason was sick. that is never fun, but even worse in this sweltering heat. poor little guy.
love the swathing picture.
love, love, love the picture of the couple that you took. look at you go!
i LOVE reading your inspiration and looking at your pictures. it brings a smile to my face!
happy summer murdock family!
I'm glad that you were able to use someone else's computer so that you could post your "blog".....because going without pictures and comments on what is happening at the Windy M is too much!!
Keep up the good work!!
Update!Jpdate! yes! keep it coming. I know it's hard... but it is worth it!:-)Mason is so cute..and farming is here to keep every one busy busy busy! Inspiration is all around us - if only we will look,thankyou! knowing what's up at the Windy M is always a good way to use my minimal freetime! Love your work!
Linds, Your parents are wonderful! They got your sight up and running again for me so that I can continue to look at your great postings! I love reading and hearing about all the news about your family and friends. I also love all of the pictures!! Thanks for being so willing to share them. I hope that you are having a great summer.
Post a Comment