September 6, 2006

Life


Ever had one of those days where you do everything you can to stay on top of things and you seem to get nowhere??
I feel like I walked in circles yesterday…
misplacing everything I touched,
trying to fix the same computers over and over again,
and still managing to smile when I felt like screaming.

It was a Tuesday, but everything about it was Monday.

Exhausted from the long day, I took the advice of the man who married us and spent my 30 minute ride home thinking of positive things, happy things, good things, anything & everything I could think of that made the chaos and frustrations of the day go away…

Forget about the “Lows” – here are my “Highs” for the past 5 days:

Clean windows,



Freshly mowed grass,



The fence between the yard & the pasture,



FFA alumni tractor driving contests,



Homemade ice cream,

My mom singing “Take Me Out of the Bathtub” to my son,



Blue Collar Comedy,

A shiny pick-up inside & out (not for long),



A “date” with my husband,

John Deere lunch pails,



The mountain pasture,

Robert’s 40th birthday party,



My new belt (thanks Becky),

and…

The “Welcome” mat at my back door.



The day is over – I made it home!



I know Mason is saying:

Take my advice mom - Tomorrow WILL be better!

Thanks mom & dad for EVERYTHING!

What a blessing you are to us... we love you!

10 comments:

Kristie said...

There is always some good in each day...just some days have more than others! Sometimes you just have to take a breath and say to yourself, "It's okay"!(whatever it is) Always know that the sun will come up tomorrow and a new day will begin...you can count on that!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Lindsay... we all have these days (sometimes it feels like EVERYDAY is one of these days...) but you remind me that it is important to smile, others don't need to be brought down just because I am down, and there are LOTS of things to be happy about! You just have to see the positive, and not the negative. I'm glad you are enjoying the belt. =)

Shannon said...

I like your attitude!

Anonymous said...

Linds, another great blog! I love your possitive attitude through all of the craziness you saw in yesterday! I loved the things that made and make you happy!

Tanya

Anonymous said...

{{{HUGS}}} I know exactly where you are coming from. I admore that you kept a smile on your face, even though it is hard at times, it is all worth it. Besides, you may have had a couple hundred kids thinking you were insane if you had chose to scream instead! " You know, that crazy lady, that was screaming in the library..." ;) Happy Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

The blessing for us was in "doing"......we were so glad to be there to help out with cleaning and especially spending time with Mason.
Just wish we lived closer to each other so that we could "bless" each other more frequently. :-)
Love you lots and lots!!

Anonymous said...

love the picture if the house. You should sendf it in to Country Magazine.

Anonymous said...

Linds~
Thank you for reminding me that even during this "hard" time in my life there are people, places, animals, things (like fences) and memories that make the day better...hugs from my students and smiles from strangers...
thank you again
love, Milena

Anonymous said...

Lindsay-
Glad to see you can look at the bright side. As long as we have hope as God promises, things will always be okay. Have a great weekend with your beautiful son and husband.

Anonymous said...

What was in the Lunch box? Fried Chicken and a Baby Ruth?
You are a busy Lady.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin