March 19, 2007

old, new & gently used

The crib was bought by my parents at a rummage sale 31 years ago for $10.
The scale checked my father's weight gain 58 years ago.
The blankets have been tucked in and around both Mason & Liam – providing warmth, comfort, shade, and protection.
The lamp gives off the perfect amount of light to watch a sleeping baby.
The mobile spins and plays a tune to attract the eye of a curious child.
The barn yard set was purchased before Mason was born... I figured it would work for a boy or a girl... and now... it gets to be used once again!

Everything about this room is “perfect.” (at least in my eyes)
The light, the colors, the warmth, the love.

3 months to go… seems like forever… seems like tomorrow.

Everything is ready for the baby who will be here so very, very soon.... but am I? Ready or not... he'll be here before we know it!






















** more pictures to come tomorrow**
(I thought I had them on my flash drive but don't)

The dresser was found at a yard sale on one of George & Donna's trips to the coast... sanded down and stained to match the crib.
The handles were painted by Aunt Bryn.
The changing table was another great find... used by Morgan, repainted & recovered to match Mason's room.
The blanket was made by Aunt Kirsten.

This baby will be blessed FOR SURE!!

Excited for his arrival.
Nervous about being a mom to 2 boys.
Praying for good health and NO allergy attacks for the next 3 months.





14 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH' MY GOSH! That crib is SO stinking COOL! I love it, love the scale... Love that you will have baby pictures to post and make me long for another baby soon. Love that you only have 3 months to go. That is SO not very long, it seems like it has flown by... Can't wait!

Ronda said...

There is a lot of love in that room waiting to be spilled onto Baby Murdock! Is there a rocking chair in there for you? This is great that you have documented his room. I wish I would have done that for Landon. He loves to see things from when he was a tiny baby! Love and hugs to both of you today!

Becky said...

What a wonderful space! Can't wait to see it. =) Love to you and your 'perfect' family. (wink)

Stacy B said...

It looks like you are all set. This room looks just right for your new addition.

Kristie said...

The room is perfect Linds! Can't wait to meet the little guy!

Anonymous said...

There is nothing like the anticipation of waiting to hold your new little one in your arms! The room looks perfect.

Love,
Katie

Nicole said...

What a cute room love the old scale.(and the E-I-E-I-o sign)Can't wait to see the new baby Murdock.

Anonymous said...

Linds,
The room is absolutely beautiful and definitely looks ready for the next Murdock little boy. Hopefully you will make it to Madras with him and I will get to meet him. Will look forward to pictures. Have a great week.

Tanya

Amy Tolar said...

What a great crib, that was a killer find! I think your new son is blessed more than he will ever imagine!

Tiffany said...

That scale is so cool!! And everything about the room is adorable. :o) I can't believe it's only three months to go! I can't wait to meet him!
And I still can't believe I have not been over to your house.... ever!

Jennifer said...

I love that crib! Your room looks great! You are far more prepared for your second baby than I was! It is so exciting to wait for a new baby. There is nothing more wonderful!

Michelle said...

Wow... everything looks great! Happy Parent Teacher Conferences tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait!

Shannon said...

Everything looks so great! The header picture of mason in the grass is amazing!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin