Not sure what made me grab it off the shelf earlier this evening, but I did.
Maybe it was the title.
Maybe it was the ache in my heart appearing out of nowhere today.
Maybe it was the questions racing through my mind about the future.
Maybe God knew I needed to read that chapter with the somewhat crumpled post-it note sticking out the top again.
Yep... I'm thinking He knew, and I listened, and now... I get to share.
Is my life common? Not really.
Am I living in my sweet spot? I'm not sure.
but I do know this:
"Each person is given something to do that shows who God is."
1 Corinthians 12:7 MSG
WOW. Did you read that?! Read it again. Write it down. What a challenge we have each and every day...
Max writes:
Look back over your life. What have you consistently done well? What have you loved to do? Stand at the intersection of your affections and successes and find your uniqueness. You have one. A divine spark. An uncommon call to an uncommon life.
"The Spirit has given each of us a special way of serving others."
1 Corinthians 12:7
So much for the excuse "I don't have anything to offer." Don't worry about skills you don't have. Don't covet strengths others do have. Just extract your uniqueness.
"Kindle afresh the gift of God which is in you."
2 Timothy 1:6
And do so to... make a big deal out of God.
God never called you to be anyone other than you.
But he does call on you to be the best you you can be.
The big question is, at your best, who are you?
What's your S.T.O.R.Y.??
- What are your Strengths? "God has given each of us the ability to do certain things well." Romans 12:6
- What is your Topic? What fascination did He give you? What makes your pulse race and your eyebrow arch?
- What are your Optimal conditions? What motivates you?
- What about Relationships? When you experience success and satisfaction, how are you relating to people?
- Yes! When do your Strengths , Topic, Optimal conditions, and Relationship patterns converge in such a way that you say "YES!"??
When they do... you're living out your STORY.
I read this tonight... and I was reminded to step back and really, truly and honestly think about my STORY. Am I doing the most what I do best?
I had a meeting after school today. It was draining and left my head spinning. My license will not allow me to stay in the position I am currently in without taking some courses, passing a test, and spending a lot of money. and so... I sat here tonight on my plaid couch and thought... and thought... and read... and reread... and thought some more...
I think I reread this paragraph at least 5 times.
Before you change your job title, examine your perspective toward life. Success is not defined by position or pay scale but by doing this: doing the most what you do best. (Hmmm...)
Parents, give that counsel to your kids. Tell them to do what they love so well that someone pays them to do it. Spouses, urge your mate to choose satisfaction over salary. Better to be married to a happy person who has a thin wallet than a miserable person with a thick one. Besides, "a pretentious, showy life is an empty life; a plain and simple life is a full life." Proverbs 13:7
Pursue the virtue of contentment. When choosing or changing jobs, be careful.. Consult your design. Consult your Designer. But never consult your greed.
Am I using my uniqueness to make a big deal out of God ever day of my life? Are you?
A common life? Heaven knows no such phrase. With God, every day matters, every person counts. And that includes you.
You do something no one else does, in a manner no one else does it. And when your uniqueness meets God's purpose, both of you will rejoice... forever.
Hmmm... I have some decisions to make. My family has some decisions to make. Praise God that we don't have to do it alone. Our prayers will be heard. The answers will come. Our future is in good hands.
** thank you all for putting up with my previous post... I seriously have so much more to add, but had to stop somewhere... at least for now! :)
Blessings to each of you... and thanks for the comments!
10 comments:
are you reading my mind or what? praying for you!
Wow, God is at work speaking HIS truth into your life....He promises to give you wisdom to make decisions that will strengthen your family(James 1:5 & 6)
.... and that will bring Him glory (afterall, it is about HIM and not US) !!
We're praying WITH you that He will make His best known to you.
You are an amazing woman, with many amazing God-given talents!
My prayer is be for windows of opportunity to be presented to you and your family.
I thank God for your incredible writing that both delights and challenges me, dear friend.
Great post Lindsay, I skimmed through it, and can't wait to reread it tonight when I have more time. have a wonderful day-
Thank you lindsay for this post it is exactly what I needed to hear. thamk you for sharing your gift of writing with all of us.
Colossians 1:9-12 (with emphasis added for you Lindsay!)
"For this reason, since the day I heard about you, LINDSAY, we have not stopped praying for you LINDSAY, and asking GOD to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we pray in order that LINDSAY may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way; bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of the Lord, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you, LINDSAY, may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the father who has qualified you LINDSAY, to share in the inheritane of the saints in the kingdom of light."
Lindsay,
You are living a life WORTHY.
You are bearning FRUIT in every GOOD WORK.
You are growing in KNOWLEDGE.
You are being STRENGTHENED.
You will have great ENDURANCE and POWER.
You are sharing in the INHERITANCE of the saints.
You WILL make the right decisions. You have everything necessary to do so.
Bless you!
Kellie
Praying for clarity...in hearing the will of the Lord, in understanding what He is telling you, and why. Praying for peace over your thoughts, mind, family and at work.
Love you!
Lindsay...I am so inspired by what you write on your blog. You have such an amazing gift that I know touches many people!
Leslie
I LOVE that book! :)
Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it!
Post a Comment