November 4, 2007

did you know...

  • I love pumpkin pie.
  • I don't like conflict.
  • I take things personal - even when it has nothing to do with me.
  • I make friends easily.
  • I got 3rd place at the state golf tournament my junior year of high school.
  • I rarely listen to anything but PLR on the radio.
  • I have a bowl of ice cream at least 3 times a week.
  • I would rather get up early than stay up late.
  • I don't know how to snowboard.
  • I like to organize cupboards & refrigerators.
  • I can't sleep with socks on.
  • I've never broken a bone.
  • I got pulled over last night for speeding and was given a warning.
  • I can't get enough of my sweet baby Mack.
  • I need to have 55 x more patience with my sweet little boy Mason.
  • I went to Mexico on a mission trip with Campus Life.
  • I used to think I had a lot of shoes... and then I met my husband.
  • I took piano lessons for a few years - wish I would have stuck with it.
  • I cry when I'm angry.
  • I like to laugh... but don't do it enough.
  • I miss the Windy M.
  • I can't ever decide what colors my blog should be, so I change them all the time.
  • I love photography.
  • I had an amazing sticker collection as a child.
  • I love to read.

edited... there's more.

  • Daylight savings time messes with my internal alarm clock... it's 4:45 right now!
  • I like washing dishes by hand.
  • I love scarves.
  • I wish I was better at exercising.
  • I am amazed each time I watch a mother cow give birth.
  • My allergies are off the charts in the winter when we feed the cows. Frustrating.
  • I wish I could shop at Andee's all the time.
  • I love Christmas trees.
  • We share our wedding anniversary with some amazing couples.
  • Fiesta Ware is my favorite type of dishes.
  • I love my RED kitchen aid mixer, but don't use it as much as I should.
  • I loved building forts as a child... still do.
  • Nothing beats a warm fire in a wood stove.
  • I eat Snoqualmie Falls oatmeal at least 3 times a week.
  • I have too much stuff - but have a hard time getting rid of it.
  • I have more school spirit as an adult... I guess I stopped caring about what others think.
  • I have a hard time finding "just right" jeans.
  • I volunteer for way too much... but I'm getting better at saying no.
  • I love old barn windows.
  • I've learned to be content with what I have... most of the time.
  • Junk mail & solicitors irritate me.
  • I'm thankful I'm not a phone solicitor.
  • I've made some amazing friends through my husband.
  • Wheat fields always make me smile.
  • My first class of 1st graders are sophomores right now.
  • I'm blessed with some amazing neighbors (within 5 miles)... but can't seem to find time to visit.
  • Sleeping children are serene, peaceful & beautiful.
  • I love celebrating birthdays.... when is yours?

and there's even more...

  • I love html color codes.
  • I think too much.
  • I wonder if my boys will have freckles.
  • I used to not like my freckles at all... but I've come to appreciate them.
  • I love drinking water.
  • A cold beer on a hot day is refreshing.
  • College football was never a big deal until I met my husband and his family.
  • I love Family Fun magazine.
  • Kraft foods has the best/easiest recipes.
  • I love making/eating chicken enchiladas.
  • I could eat tacos every day of my life... well, maybe every other.
  • Pizza & pasta are tied for second.
  • I love Christmas music - especially Kenny G or Jim Brickman.
  • I always wanted to marry a farmer.
  • hmmm... and I enjoy almost every minute of it... almost.
  • I wonder why some of my best friends have to live so far away.
  • I try to stay positive even when everything seems to be negative.
  • I cry easily since having children... not sure why.
  • I love leaves & snowflakes... each one so different & unique.
  • My favorite candy bar is a WHATCHAMACALLIT.
  • I love having a cell phone.
  • I wish I could swim at my neighbor's pool at least once a week... but can't seem to find time.
  • I am excited to try something new... most of the time.
  • My sons have the largest collection of books I've ever seen.
  • I would love to study art/photography/design.
  • I look forward to Saturdays.
  • I love greeting/ushering at church.
  • Welcoming others is a gift of mine.
  • I love to wrap presents.
  • I've never really been much into jewelry, but have grown to "need" it.
  • My wedding ring is my favorite piece of jewelry.
  • I love fresh flowers.
  • Post-It Notes are lifesavers.
  • I should've bought stock in it.
  • I love to have friends over for dinner.
  • I can't seem to find time to do it very often since I've moved.
  • I love looking at other people's photo albums.
  • I love weddings.
  • I admire nurses/doctors.
  • I love my family.
  • I love the family I married into.
  • Craft Warehouse is calling my name.
  • I love calendars, but am not good about writing on them.
  • I wish I could spend more time at home.
  • I love doing things for others.
  • Nothing beats a hug from mom.
  • My mother-in-law makes the best onion/cornbread... and I don't like onions.
  • College was fun, but I'm glad I'm done... or am I?

and finally...

  • I love quotes that make me think.
  • I like to receive praise - even when I know it's God's praise that I really need.
  • I don't like going to the dentist.
  • Maybe it's because I've had more than one root canal... just a guess.
  • I love luminaries.
  • I used to fear dying... then I read In Light of Eternity.
  • I can't imagine life without my parents.
  • I love old barns and grain elevators.
  • I wonder why stamps have to cost so much.
  • I always wanted the "perfect" child... how did I ever think that was possible.... seriously.
  • I love that God gives second, third, five hundred sixty-seventh chances.
  • I am intrigued by the ocean, but fear it (just a little).
  • Nothing beats walking along the Oregon Coast.
  • I don't enjoy packing/moving, but I know I'll do it at least once more in my lifetime.
  • I always wanted to have twins... and then I had Mason.
  • If Mackinley had been a girl, his name would be Merin.
  • How come baby blankets are so much softer than adult blankets?
  • I pray for the patience of Job.
  • I have tendencies to be more like Martha than Mary.
  • I'm thankful for my sewing machine.
  • I don't care for pet birds, snakes, mice, rats, bats, spiders, or wasps.
  • I don't have a clue how to saddle a horse... and we have 3.
  • Whoever invented Sharpie markers didn't have children.

seriously... I'm having way too much fun with this...

  • I can't sew very well... and I sew more on paper than I do on fabric.
  • Donna & I still need to finish Mason's quilt.
  • I love unexpected phone calls from a friend.
  • I wish I was a better listener.
  • Why do I always want to be right?
  • I hate to lose at any kind of game.
  • Competitiveness is not a trait I'm proud of.
  • Ian & I both get excited when Egg-Nog arrives at the grocery store.
  • I like umbrellas, but am thankful I live where I don't "have" to have one.
  • Bowling is fun... especially when I win.
  • I love VANS and am so upset that I threw my last pair away.
  • Old Navy clothes look better on the mannequin than on me.
  • I love long t-shirts.
  • I can't stand t-shirts that don't go over my pants.
  • I love my Franco Sarta boots with heels & I almost didn't buy them.
  • I look forward to vacations.
  • I'm thankful for a job that has vacations.
  • I save pink starbursts for last.
  • If my house was on fire, I'd save my crib & my photo albums & all my back up disks.
  • I've tried to grow my hair out several times... but always go back to short.
  • I don't drink coffee.
  • I love apples & peanut butter.
  • Popcorn is a great snack.
  • I don't mind speaking in public.
  • Speech class in college gave me confidence.
  • Writing class in high school and college taught me valuable things.
  • Derek Munson(author) commented on my blog once.
  • I wish the people who read my blog faithfully and never comment would... just once.
  • I love the relationship I have with the I.T. guys in my school district.
  • I'm thankful for forgiveness.
  • I love to connect with people.
  • I miss having my mailbox 1 1/2 miles away from my house.
  • Walking to the mailbox just isn't the same any more.
  • I love worship music.
  • I will write a book someday.

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) I like this post.
I noticed your blog has been many different colors this weekend! Glad to see a new post come along with the new banner and new color. I like the blue.
Here's to an awesome week, and a three day weekend, when it is over.
Love to you!

Katie said...

Love this, Linds! We have a lot in common...including that sticker collection:) I had lots of rainbows and bears :)

Have a great week!!

Shannon said...

Why does the sticker thing not surprise me. I bet there were some strawberry shortcake ones in the collection.

KayDee said...

I like your list-good stuff. Is Mason feeling better? Am back in town til Wednesday of this week.

Michelle said...

Did you know... that I like you? :-)

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

Love this post! I am enjoying getting to know you!

Becky said...

This is a great post, think I might do a similar one. Love the new banner, love the colors on the blog right now. you rock.

Amy Tolar said...

Great post, I love it!

Brenna said...

I Love,love,love it!! ...hmm, I wonder why?? ;)

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing multi-faceted young woman..... love that you are taking the time to inventory your life/thoughts/blessings....giving us all inspiration to do the same!
I love everything you know about yourself AND the things that are yet to be revealed to you by God.

LOVE the new color and layout!

Ronda said...

I had to laugh at some of the things that make you Lindsay!
Be who you are, that is who I love!

Kristie said...

:) have a great week!

Tiffany said...

Great idea!! Love this post! Mind if I copy it?!

By the way... I can't believe your first class of 1st graders are sophomores right now! That is too crazy! Where did the time go?!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, my birthday is Feb. 27th :-)
Let the good times roll!!!

Donna said...

You got stopped for speeding just recently????And you admit it?

Geesh, girl, we gotta talk. :-)

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you come up with SO MANY things to think about!!
I love your hugs, too!

Brenna said...

Hey! What a coincidence! I love the family you married into too!!

Crystal said...

Wow, I love getting to know you! What a writer you are!

Brenna said...

Your last list has me chuckling!! .. seriously - THREE horses?! :)

Oh, and you don't even have to describe what's been happening at your house, oh what fun the Sharpies must be!!

hope your week goes well Linds!!

kjenns said...

Lindsey,
I swear we are kin! I love these things. I want to learn to sew...will you show me? I love Colorado, but miss being close to friends. Isn't it strange how friendships are made over Cougar Football? I would love the onion/cornbread recipe!
Bless you sweet friend. I thinks lists are great things to live by!
Kellie

Kailin said...

I love this post! It was so much fun to read as I can relate to sooo much of it (with the exception of watching a mother cow give birth)! Have a fabulous week my friend!

Michelle said...

You are crazy Girlfriend! ;-)

Nicole said...

Love the list love getting to know you more. We just had a sharpie insident too.

KayDee said...

Wow, I feel like I am curled up in front of a warm fireplace with a cheery cup of tea -- reading your lists gave me that feeling.

So many things I love about you! Am so very thankful to have you in my life and hope to SEE you sometime. Go Cougs :)

Stacy B said...

Oh Linds! How long did you work on that? Lots of great tidbits. I'll be able to read that over and over and learn more about you each time. Thanks for sharing.

Melissa said...

Have a great week! We seriously need to have our ice cream date!!! I love Christmas trees too!!

Anonymous said...

Every time I look to see NEW comments your friends have made, you have added more to your lists.....It appears that there is NO END to what we can learn about you....!!!
Love it!

Kristie said...

Now I KNOW why we are friends!:) Although there are a few things on your list that are nevers or hardly evers on mine but its mostly an AMEN sister! Love you!

Michelle said...

Love love love that last one! :-)

Amy Tolar said...

I really love this post. I love that you kept adding to it as you thought more about things.

What a great inspiration!

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

I totally copied you for my blog tonight! Thanks for the fun idea!

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

Regarding sharpies....
My boys once wrote on my hope chest (belonged to my grandma Sugar) with those markers that are SUPPOSED to write only on paper....huh! I called the company. They were so nice, they asked for pictures and and estimate on refinishing it.....they cut me a check for over $300!!!! I was shocked! AND thrilled! Kept the $ and it has since faded enough not to bother me! It has too many memories just the way it is! I could never refinish it....

Anonymous said...

I'm that person who has never left a comment but reads your posts regularly.

I live just "down the road" in Pendleton and have read your blog for some time now. I love the thoughts that go into your posts and though I'm not religious (I wish I was) your posts encourage me each and every day. You have a wonderful family and your photography skills are amazing too!

Oh, and I swear I'm not a stalker. :)

Bless you and your beautiful boys!

Anonymous said...

I love that I can read this and know almost all of this already!
Have a great day!

Ronda said...

I will be the first in line, with my sharpie, for an autograph when you first book is published! Can't wait!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin