She will be missed so very, very much ... and our only hope is that her grace, humor, whit & radiant spirit will live on! Love you Bama ~
Originally published 11.29.07
Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while.....but our hearts forever.
~Author Unknown
~Author Unknown
I arrived home from school today with a runny nose, a sore throat, and tired eyes. The snow that covered our world this morning was now completely gone, leaving behind mud and a damp chill. I was ready to collapse on the couch, but had many things to accomplish before the 7:00 baby shower I had committed to attend. I rushed about the house and then noticed that Ian had brought the mail in. Most of it was junk mail. There were a couple of bills, a darling Christmas card from Tanya, a catalog, and some coupons. Quickly tossing the bills onto the counter, I spotted it...
~ the handwriting I've grown to cherish
~ the return address I love to see
~ the signature of Bama (Ian's grandma).
It was a postcard letting us know we were loved.
A postcard thanking us for making an effort to be there for Thanksgiving.
A postcard signed with hope and anticipation of another visit to come.
I hope and pray that at the "young" age of 92...
~ I will be writing notes to my grandchildren
~ I will share my love with those whom I hold dear
~ I will radiate wisdom & grace without saying a word
~ I will hold the hand of my 9th great-grandchild and smile.
25 comments:
I am such a pushover when it comes to pictures of hands. What a great tribute to Bama. Cherished times to always hold dear in your heart.
When my grandma passed away I had such a hard time. I was in Colorado and hadn't had that special time to visit with her in awhile. I remember a teacher at school asking if I was ok and I simply cried. She got it...she simply said, "Grandma's are special."
Bless you for cherishing yours today. It made me miss my grandma Genevieve more! I hope that I can "channel" her spirit in what I do!
When I was at my sisters at Thanksgiving, she had a recipe written in my Grandma's writing. Oh, was that so cool!!
Love that it is something like this that can warm us up (from the inside).
Thank you for treasuring people in your life Lindsay! It is a gift!
Kellie
Thanks for sharing those photos -- of the amazing hands photo but also of her and all the grandchildren.
She is such an amazing woman!
I have tears in my eyes as I read your blog as all my special grandma memories come rushing to my mind. Grandparents are such a wonderful blessing.
I'm so very thankful for the great grandparents I had AND the special relationship Eli has with his grandparents.
Give Bama a great big hug from me next time you see her, please.
Grammas are indeed special. One of the greatest gifts I ever recieved was a notebook from my gramma(famous for her cooking & baking) in which she wrote down her favorite recipes and litte side notes and thoughts. I always cry when I use her recipes, she was one of my best friends.
Those pictures are SURELY going to be cherished... they are awesome, Linds! Hope you feel better really soon.
That is so sweet. Bama is such a treasure!
hope you feel better soon Lindsay
Oh, how precious! Hope you're feeling better soon!
I can't see through the tears as I read your post.
AMAZING picture of Bama's and little Mack's hands....
Makes me think of the wonderful Grandmas I had and that you are blessed to have....I pray that I will leave a wonderful legacy, as they have.
Awesome, awesome, awesome! I'm so thankful for the time that my boys had with my grandma! Feel better soon!
Testing out the nickname thing...
Very sweet pictures! Grandma's are such a gift!
Wonderful pictures! Your family will treasure those memories forever!
Oh' man. WOW! What an amazing post. i hope she reads this. What a lucky Grandma, to be loved and treasured so deeply.
By the way... I have to use the nickname thing now, because I don't have a google account.
That is a treasured moment captured on film. What a special heritage your kids are blessed to have!
Oh that is so sweet...it brought a tear to my eye. My girls still have two Great Grandmas with us and it is so dear to see them together! Enjoy every moment with her!
Oh Linds, you have such a gift for capturing the most heartwarming photographs. The kids will have these special memories with them forever.
Hope you are feeling better!
Beautiful pictures Lindsay. I love the hands, so expressive.
Linds,
This is a beautiful blog! I love the pictures of the hands. What great treasures. I know that I have a pretty special Grandma that I am so very thankful for. I hope that you are feeling better, and thanks for the help. Glad you got your card. Have a wonderful weekend.
Such a sweet post. Love the hands picture!
Wow! What a beautiful picture! Love that! Love that you know you are loved by someone we all should cherish! 92! Awesome! Way to go Bama! (That's what we call Cory's mom, hopefully she'll make it to 92 also!)
Very adorable pictures!
I felt the same way yesterday... it made it hard to function. Take care of yourself.
Thank you for that wonderful blog... I miss my grandmas everyday.
Such a sweet picture of the hands, makes me wish we had a closer extended family...you are sooo blessed!
Neat post Lindsay! Amazing that you were able to capture that moment. Love it.
how lucky we are that God made Grandmas so special.
Post a Comment