The next few posts may just be places or people or sites or areas I visit often. I want to share them with you because those places & people & areas seem to give hope and peace that some {including me} are desperately searching for ...
I figure that when I fill myself up, I need to fill somebody else up too ... or at least I hope that's what I'm doing because I know that is what I'm called to do.
To be a light in a dark world.
To share my faith with others.
To show who and what God is.
so ... here goes ... I hope you enjoy the road trip we're about to begin. We're headed down different roads, you and I, and we're going to cross some busy intersections and maybe even have a wreck or two, but the good news is ... when it's time to {fuel} up, you're going to find yourself in some of my favorite places.
Destination # 1
Meet Me In The Meadow by Roy Lessin ~ co-founder of DaySpring
and one of my favorite categories ... {fret busters}
We all worry - even when we try really hard not to. This man has definitely given me some "quit {fretting}" reminders:
# 31 Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God. - Corrie Ten Boom
# 32 When a train goes through a tunnel and it gets dark, you don't throw away the ticket and jump off. You sit still and trust the engineer.
- Corrie Ten Boom
# 24 Confidence is not based on you having all the resources needed to take care of yourself; confidence is based upon the truth that God is faithful.
# 15 The peace that God gives you is not circumstantial peace. Being in a hammock at the beach on a warm sunny day is not a picture of God’s peace. Remember, the peace in your heart is God’s peace; it’s there because He’s there, not because everything around you is calm and serene.
..............................................
This drive we're on ... I'm not really driving. I may find myself grabbing the wheel every so often thinking it's time to turn or even stop, but He's the one with the wheel.
Praise God for that.
3 comments:
I am once again speechless as I read the words written by you, but spoken to you by our God!!! I can't wait to follow along on this journey with you...and I just know, more often than not..you ARE letting HIM hold onto the steering wheel :D Praying sweet blessings upon you tonight!
Linds,
All I can say is WOW!!! You do some amazing writing. This post brought tears to my eyes as trusting God is NOT what I am big or hot on doing these days. Thanks for some of these reminders and this post. Love the new banner picture, it's darling.
Hugs,
Tanya
I LOVE #31! We don't know what lies ahead of us in the future, but God does. And knowing Him and trusting Him and believing that wherever He leads is exactly where we should go, should never bring fear in us. But I know it does in me...many times! I'm definitely writing this quote down as a reminder to myself!
Looking forward to more of your favorite places!
Post a Comment