To say the right things.
To have the right attitude.
To look the part.
To know the rules.
To follow the rules.
To know when to lead ... and when to follow.
To trust.
.............................
Anxiousness creeps in with the night.
As the sun goes down, circumstances change and worry sets in again.
It's cyclical.
It's gone ... and then suddenly reappears from nowhere.
It's the uneasy feeling.
It's the silence.
It's the opportunity to once again trust the God who knows what we don't.
................................
I read, and read, and read last night.
Scripture reminding me to cast my cares on Him, for He cares for me.
Verses highlighted and marked as meaningful.
Passages that spoke peace to my anxious heart.
And yet, as soon as my eyes opened this morning, that fear of the unknown hung over me like a cloud.
Trust, Lindsay!
Pray.
Listen.
Live today & know that the {right} things will happen even if they don't feel right.
.....................................
Pressure.
It comes in all sorts of shapes and sizes and forms.
It's attributes are different depending on our outlook.
My outlook.
My heart.
My choice.
And today ... I'm choosing to see pressure as the Camas Creek that winds along the highway at Ukiah.
Pressure to follow the path that has been laid ... with a grateful heart that will continue to trust in Him no matter where it goes.
{please pray with me}

14 comments:
Prayers being sent to you and with you!
My prayers are with yours my friend!
Praying for you my friend. That anxious place is no fun.
Keep looking to God, even when you would rather just hide than face the worries.
Hugs. Wish I lived closer so I could help.
Praying!
love this post, and the picture is amazingly peaceful!!! *sigh*
I create soooo much anxiety for myself it is silly!
thanks.
We're praying too ...... believing and knowing that the best is yet to come!
Remember:
Love never fails
Joy cometh
Peace rules
Patience waits
Hope you are feeling those prayers...I know they have been surrounding you today...and I LOVE your picture...the stones reminded me that sometimes it's easy to step from one to another...and sometimes it's a big leap :D Just think of this time as one of those big leaps...and the other side is always worth the jump! Sweet blessings!
Hope you are feeling those prayers...I know they have been surrounding you today...and I LOVE your picture...the stones reminded me that sometimes it's easy to step from one to another...and sometimes it's a big leap :D Just think of this time as one of those big leaps...and the other side is always worth the jump! Sweet blessings!
Oops! For some reason my computer is slow today and I must be impatient and press the send button twice :D Sorry!
I'm praying with you too Lindsay! God is so good, keep looking to Him and you'll never go astray!
Beautifully written!
I'm praying for you right now! There is a verse from the Psalms that comes to my mind. It is from The Message and goes something like this, When I am afraid, I will trust in you...fearless now, I trust in you.
I am praying that God will give you His incredible peace...and lift that pressure right off you.
your words; my heart
praying with you dear friend!!
Loving you today!!
love this...
Live today & know that the {right} things will happen even if they don't feel right.
...it's hittin' home with me right.now.
thank you.
ps- continuing to pray for your journey. may God's grace be sufficient...and may you find peace in the journey.
Post a Comment