August 22, 2011

first day of {1st} grade.


you weren't so sure about taking {flowers} to your teacher ... but ... the teacher in me convinced you that teachers love flowers ... especially ones in a {mason} jar from a sweet boy named {mason}.


one of your best buddies {easton} greeted you outside of the classroom door with a {friend}.


your teacher is filled with enthusiasm, joy and compassion ... and you love that you already know her.


your classmates are the ones you had last year and each of them were excited to see you round the corner with your new boots, jeans and a long sleeve shirt ... yes ... you were the only one dressed for winter on the hottest day of the summer ... go figure.


I caught you doing a secret little handshake with {easton} which ended with a giant high-five.



yep ... you're ready for another great year sweet boy of mine.
I'm proud of you - from the minute you wake up until your soft snores drift from your room at the end of the day.

Big things are in store ... so soar Mason - soar!

4 comments:

Kerry said...

Looks like 1st grade is going to be full of F.U.N.

Sweet Blessings said...

So smiling at these pictures! Praying Mason a GREAT year in 1st grade...and Love that Echo is small and they grow life-long friendships that begin in Kindergarten! Most of all..when I look at these pictures...I think..you have a mini-Ian in the making...and he will always be dressed in those sharp wranglers, a big belt buckle and a crisp shirt!!! Wishing you a GREAT year as the Mom of a 1st grader too! Sweet blessings!

Crystal said...

I was just thinking last week that you must be back at school already! Mason looks very grown-up and so happy to be with his buddy. You are right - teachers love flowers, especially on the first day of school :) I hope your year is full of sweet smiles, amazing days and much laughter. Please, please, please keep blogging - I know you are going to be much busier now!

P.S. Our granddaughters start kindergarten next week. I hope they have a great year like your son did.

~Roberts~ said...

Hope you have a wonderful year in 1st grade and learn LOTS of new things. Your mom says it best Mason, "soar Mason - soar"!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin