September 28, 2011

a miracle. {part 1}

Sometimes, even the best laid plans don’t go “as planned.” 

Like the perfect math lesson suddenly turned upside down as someone’s tooth pops out.

or

Like family portraits scheduled and only tears and bottom lips captured.

or

Like mom’s famous meatloaf molded perfectly and then burned to a crisp.

………….

Monday morning I had plans.

Plans to get to school early.

Plans to place freshly painted jars in my window sill.

Plans to print out all of my new spelling words and vocab. sheets in seconds.

Plans to email Mason’s toothless grin to family and friends.

Plans to pay bills.

Plans, plans, plans.

And … after the window sill “remodel, they stayed just that … plans.

…………….

No external drive = no lists printed.

No external drive = no grin sent.

No external drive = no passwords to log into accounts.

And honestly I was OK with it.  I was.  I’m good (actually I’m almost an expert) at making things work when previously made plans go up in smoke.  And even as I drove home after a day of going with plan B, reflecting on the “chaos” that seems to define my life - I was still “ok” with plans not going as planned.

But when I walked through the mud room door of our home, hoping to find that external hard drive that seems to keep my blood pumping and my heart beating on the counter, and in turn found “NOTHING” … things suddenly weren’t “ok” anymore.

It wasn’t in the car.  It wasn’t in the office.  I wasn’t on the dryer.  It wasn’t in Colt’s favorite digging hole.  It wasn’t accidently made in a bed.  It wasn’t in a cupboard or drawer.  And after hours of searching and turning my “clean” house UPSIDE DOWN, my “it’s OK” attitude was gone.

…………

I don’t like to lose games.

I don’t like to lose sleep.

I don’t like to lose external hard drives.

I really, really, really don’t like to misplace anything.

And, if you know me at all, you know I’ve just stated very honest, truthful facts about myself.

I don’t lose.

Misplaced and me … well, we’re enemies. 

Enemies, that were now standing face to face for the umpteenth time.

to be continued …

3 comments:

Kerry said...

I am sure that the Lord is going to give you victory over the battle of "losing" ..... can hardly wait for part II! :-)

Farmchick said...

I am sure that you have some great words of wisdom in part 2.....you always do. :)

Come say hi.....

Anonymous said...

Don't leave us hanging.....can't wait to hear "the rest of the story" (the miracle). Thank you, friend, for the call yesterday. Whether it was planned or unintentional, I needed that friendly voice! XOX

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin