June 30, 2012

the rest, the rainbow, and the real deal.



Dear Mack,

One day in June we were at the park riding bikes and the coolest thing in the world happened.  You decided (all by yourself) to take a little 'rest' under a tree. and when I came around the corner of the path, I found you sitting just like this, staring up at the sky.  I stopped to applaud your efforts on your bike and take a little 'rest' with you.  As I was talking, you were totally sidetracked with what was in the sky.

"Look at the rainbow mom!"


And sure enough, when I turned around there was this 'rainbow' floating parallel with the ground all the way across the sky in front of us.

It was beautiful.  And probably even more so for me because you were the one that saw it first.  Thanks for taking time to 'rest' long enough to catch the beauty of the 'promise' floating right in front of us... and for insisting that I take a picture of it too.

Rainbows are a promise from God, Mack.  So every time you see one, just remember that they mean hope, faith, and unfailing love.
Hope - because even when things aren't looking so great in the lives of us, we can't give up hope.  He makes all things beautiful in His time.
Faith - because we are to remain 'sure' of the things we HOPE for and know that something is real even when we don't see it.
and Unfailing Love - because God's promises are unfailing and filled with love - and the rainbow is a sign of just that!

..........................................

When we got home that afternoon,  Mor-Mor & I watched you make your own 'rainbows' with a little bit of baking soda, vinegar, and food coloring.  It was magical for all of us.










Thanks for being creative with the simplest of things - that is a gift in itself.  And I love that the end result of your creation was 'green'... because green in my world means you're growing.  Growing - not just on the outside, but on the inside too.


Loving you so much and enjoying my summer at home with you,

Mom

3 comments:

Kristie said...

love!

Becky said...

I love this! So much!! Mack, you are one amazing little boy. Love you.

Kerry said...

Definitely a memory I will treasure .....
You are a special young man, Mack!
Love you!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin