November 23, 2012

twirling & dancing in the mud.

Dear Self,

It was dreary today.  Lots of rain, lots of mud, and lots of cows.  When we finally got to Lorenzen's to preg-check the cows, you stayed in the pickup and took a nap.   It was only about 20 minutes and ended with the guys screaming for you to "get that cow!!" as one snuck through the gate behind the truck.  

Thankfully Ian & Karl bought you Bogs a few years ago.  They were used well & were just the answer to the amount of crap you found yourself in.


You're tired & a bit weary lately.  Life just seems to go and go and go - with no end to the craziness in sight, and sometimes just thinking about it brings tears to your eyes.  It's a good kind of busy, but at the same time, it's totally exhausting.

How can so much good bring complete dysfunction?

Thankfully you have your eyes focused on finding the good amidst the dark & gray.  You find yourself quoting small bits of scripture like:

"Let them give thanks to the Lord for His unfailing love ..."

"Come into His city with songs of thanksgiving.  Come into His courtyards with songs of praise."

"I will offer you a sacrifice of thanksgiving, and call on the name of the Lord."

"Always be joyful.  Never stop praying.  Be thankful in all circumstances."
"Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good; His love endures forever."
"Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, "Peace be with you."


Yes, thankfully you've wrapped yourself around giving thanks continually, and as you find yourself shouting in frustration or stomping your feet like a child, you remember.

You remember to see the good & give thanks.

You remember to soak in the blessings that are often disguised.

You remember to not think about the mess, but to see the joy.


You remember to dance and snap a picture of the smiles that happen with the music of life.


And as you push forward - one step, one day, one minute, one month at a time ... you stop to thank Him often - hoping that it will be contagious and that those around you will see the Glory in counting the whispers of Jesus saying:

I'm here.  Right here with you.


I'm in the mud, and the puddles, and the piles of crap.  

I'm here.

Seek Me and you will find what you're looking for.

Right here.


So the next time you find yourself wondering which way to look or where to turn, remember the joy found in twirling a paddle.

Remember the mud that was flung and how much laughter there was and is - even when you're "working."

Remember those verses and whisper them with each step, each jump, each twirl.


Joy is found when you twirl.

Don't ever forget that.

Ever.



Cheering you on as another season has arrived,

Lindsay

4 comments:

Becky said...

As I read through this post, all I could think of over and over was: How can I help her? How can I show her some sunshine? How can I lighten her load? I don't think I can, I think I mostly add to it, but PLEASE know that you are loved and cheered on each day. Wishing I could do more, Becks

Kerry said...

Oh, Lindsay ..... God is stretching you and you're an inspiration to many!! Keep it up!
Love you!

Kirsten said...

Love you!!

Sweet Blessings said...

I Love how you capture life through words and photos so amazingly...God has given you a GREAT gift! And, I love that I'm not alone living a crazy life of muck and mud and nonstop going :) Most of all, I Love that Mason can move the cows and work them so well..I don't need a dog...I need a Mason :) Love you..and praying you forward always! Sweet blessings!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin