February 12, 2013

hungry.


I've spent the past several weeks trying to watch what I eat.  I take lunch from home almost every day.  I've followed a menu and cooked with what we have even when a pizza or chinese food sounds better.  I've stayed clear of pop, filled up on water, and have found that nothing has really changed.  I still weigh the same, my clothes still fit the same, and I'm still running on empty most of the time.


I'm hungry.


And I'm staring life in the face with eyes wide open - looking for any amount of goodness that might be headed my way. Looking for it in the fog, and in the early morning sun.  Looking, searching, and even creating it if I can.

I'm happy, my boys are happy, and the cows are happy too, but ... we're hungry.



It's the kind of hunger that can't be satisfied with stuff.

The kind that isn't longing for fluff, but for actual "meat."


And what I'm realizing is that what I'm hungry for is, and has been, right in front of me.

I don't have to be careful how much I intake, or count my steps, or even eat from a smaller plate.  I just have to follow the right plan.  His plan.

The plan that says - live your own life, don't waste it reading about someone else's or comparing it to what you think you should have.

The menu that says - eat & drink and remember Me - and then live it through all you say, do, & think - even when you don't feel like it.

The energy drink that gives strength for the day - not just for the moment.

The fruits and vegetables that offer a reminder of the burst of colors and flavors only a rainbow can hold - a rainbow that is a sign of His promise.


 So ... with that in mind,

I'm still going to watch what I eat -

I'm still going to search for goodness, and maybe create a little too -

And one thing is for certain -  I am going to stop limiting God.


I'm going to continue to follow Him, hunger for Him, trust in Him, and try to be more like Him.

And even when I fall a little short, or find myself wandering - I know He's going to be right behind me - pushing me & guiding me home.


Hunger isn't satisfied with stuff, or people, or even really good things.

I've know that for years and I've believed it to be true.

But that doesn't mean I don't need a pep talk once in a while.

Or a day with cows to remind me of what I've been in need of all along.

A mouthful of grace.

A drink of mercy.

And a plate piled with love.

Are you hungry too?

3 comments:

Darcy said...

What a wonderful {menu} that is! :) Cheering you on...and learning from you too.

PS - Whitey alert! Love the pictures!

Kerry said...

Ditto to Darcy's comment .....

Such wise words ..... from the Lord, through you!

Sweet Blessings said...

This post is going to be a GREAT Chapter in your book one day..and look it's alreayd got a title...Are you hungry..take a look at The Menu :) Sweet blessings!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin