Dear Mack,
This morning you weren't feeling well and quietly sat on the couch as the rest of us scurried around getting ready for another full & busy day. I was stationed to work in the nursery at church today and instead of holding a baby, I held you. Your feverish body that isn't so little any more curled up on my lap and slept - and I treasured every second.
I sat and rocked, and watched a room full of little people play together - remembering how much you hated the nursery as a toddler. The minute we walked through the church door, you would squirm. And you would cry and cry and cry some more after I left you even when you knew I'd always be back to get you in less than an hour.
You have always been a mama's boy, and still today - weeks away from turning 8, that fact rings true. Thank you for your precious grin, your ability to make others laugh, and your sparkling eyes. You have always had me wrapped around that grin of yours, and I'm certain you always will.
This afternoon, you're asleep on the couch and I'm reliving your year of 1st grade through pictures. Pictures that have captured you at your best and at your worst. Pictures that give me the happiest of tears as I scroll through each one.
You lived this year so very brave, very happy, with some really good friends, running miles at a time, and reading chapter book after chapter book - along with a lot of Fly Guy too. You opened every gate you could, you were so much smarter than you thought you were, you did your homework without being asked, you ate a lot of great food (and plenty of candy too), you won some awesome awards, and you gave us every reason to be proud over and over again. In fact proud is an understatement.
We love you sweet boy. More than you'll ever know. And we're so very lucky to call you ours.
P.S. I hope you always know what a gift your smile is. It's contagious and beautiful in every sort of way - making the world better & brighter with each grin.







































3 comments:
This boy has his heart in my hand! Love him!!
Such a sweet post - love that sweet Macky!
What a cutie!
Post a Comment