March 6, 2006

Branding 2006














Branding can be fun, but it can be a little stressful too. I have taken on the task of preparing the meal for the crew and I always worry that there won't be enough or that it won't taste good or that something will burn... but this year... well... read on!

I felt so good Saturday morning when I woke up and knew that the majority of the meal was prepared. I had fixed the crock-pot pizza (2 large pots) the night before and all I had to do was plug them in... WRONG! Ian had assured me that they would keep overnight in the back of the pick-up just fine... WRONG again! As I reached over the pick-up bed to get the crock pots, I realized the horrible truth... the dogs or cats or some other animal had eaten one of the pots and there was nothing left! My hard work the night before was for nothing! Was I going to cry or scream?! Well you'll all be happy to know that I calmly went in the house, washed out the pot that was empty, sighed very loudly several times, called my friend Susan to tell her of the BAD news and get some sympathy, laughed at myself and decided that it must have tasted good if it was all gone! Praise God that I had enough ingredients to remake the meal because we don't exactly live "close" to town... and bless Ian's heart - he had gone to the store the night before to pick up a few things and had brought home an extra jar of sauce.

Well - enough about the meal and the "drama" of the day!

Everything turned out great - everyone seemed to have a good time and they left with smiles on their faces and new shirts on their backs!

Maybe the "HELP WANTED" sign in the kitchen window had something do with it?!




12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linsay,
These are AWESOME pictures!
What a sad, but funny story about your food. Glad it all turned out O.K.
Mason is SUCH a cutie!

Lindsay said...

thanks Misty! my little camera does a pretty good job :)

Anonymous said...

Linds,
This is such a cute story, funny yet not at the same time. You handled it well sounds like and it must have been really good for everything to be gone. I am glad that everything turned out great. I so enjoy all of the pictures that you keep posting. Mason is getting so big, and what a doll he is.

Anonymous said...

Linds- I think Ian is just a litte bit proud if his future cowboy. Of course you have this organized space on the net, not sure if I'll ever get there!!

love ya! Allison

Anonymous said...

Lindsay
We agree that the pictures are great!!
You describe "a day in the life of remote living on the ranch" so well....
and we're proud of your response to learning the lesson "to be prepared for anything" and that you know how to "cast your cares on God".
I can hear Mason saying..."Teach me how to rope, Daddy!"

Shannon said...

Again...awesome pictures linds. What handsome cowboys you have.

Anonymous said...

I would like to get the recipe of what the night monsters ate so I can give you my opinion. E mail it Lindsay if you ever get time from cooking for the KIDS.
Keep up the good work on the pics.

Anonymous said...

Lindsay you cease to be an inspiration to many people. I do understand the sighs and the giggling...after all what more are you able to do :)
I would love the Crock Pot Pizza Recipe and I will be sure to keep the dogs away too!
I am so glad to share in the daily Ranch Life. Thank you for sending your blog address our way :)
love,
Milena
P.S. I second the handsome Cowboys you have :)

Anonymous said...

Linds, this is comment number 2. I was showing this blog to mom and she would love to have your recipe for your crock pot pizza. Are you willing to share it? You can e-mail it to my parents or let me know if your mom has it and I will grab it from her. I still smile and giggle as I read this story on your meal and your day. When is the next excitement your place expected to happen?!? :)

Anonymous said...

Lucy! Lucy! Lucy!

Lindsay said...

Ok - so my life reminds Vicki of an I Love Lucy episode :)

I will put the recipe on the blog on Friday... it's a great one that I got from my friend Susan... so I'm sure she won't care that I'm publishing it :)

Glad that you all like my cowboys - I think they're AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

Such a nice way to journal and share all at the same time! sorta crazy that everyone loves the life of a farmer...even on the internet! great job....

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin