My family watched "Little House on the Prarie" religiously.
I got the collection for my birthday one year and read the entire series... over and over and over!
I always wanted to be Laura... but found my personality to be more like Mary.
I loved that one of the twins who played Carrie on the TV program had the name Lindsay.
My favorite book was Farmer Boy.
How appropriate... now that I have a"farmer boy" of my own
- and another on the way.
It's been a crazy day here at school today... testing issues, chaos with headphones, computers with blank screens... the list goes on and on. I'm trying to keep a smile on my face... just thankful that the sun is shining and that I get to go home in a few hours. My house is a disaster, laundry needs to be done, bedding needs to be changed, clothes need to be ironed, my kitchen needs to be mopped... but even though the list is LONG... I'm looking forward to just being HOME.
11 comments:
That was my favorite book too! I loved that series, though I found myself more like Laura . .
Glad your making an effort to be happy, I'm sure it shows! :)
Happy week friend!
I hear ya sista!
I can't count how many times I read the Laura Ingall Wilder series. Loved it, and bought myself a new set last year!
Hey, reading this post reminded me that you were coming by to talk about VBS. Is that still true? If not we can meet another time.
What wonderful pictures!!!!
Love the one of Mason & Mimzy....they look like they are having such fun together!
Keeping the smile on your face is a testimony of God's grace taking you through any stressful situation...let your light shine, Lindsay Erin!
I'm so glad you're keeping your head up through all the chaos! It's been chaotic at IJSHS this week, too. The sunshine and the anticipation of getting home to my girlies makes it all seem trivial!
I loved Laura Ingalls Wilder too! I still have my set! My mom read it to us before we could read and then I read them again and again when I could read myself!
Remember focus on one task at a time and you won't get overwelmed!
testing my blog out
Love the pictures! You are lucky to have your little house on the prairie, cherish it!
I LOVE those books. :o) Mason looks so cute in those pictures...especially the last one.
I had to share the series with my sisters. The books are so dogeared, sitting very nicely on my parents bookshelf. I am looking forward to sharing the life of Laura Ingalls with Landon, right along with the Hardy Boys...my favorite! I love the pictures of your farmer boy!
Linds...Did you know that Farmer Boy was the ONLY book Ian read in the series? He did not see the value of reading the others! :-) I bet you did not know that!
Post a Comment