March 5, 2007

invite

Felt a little out of sorts this morning. Weird. Quiet. Overwhelmed.
but... I still felt PEACE.
I know - it doesn't make sense. I can't really explain it.
I was wishing to be at home today.
I was wishing I could go to the park with Mason.
I was wishing I had time to write (hand written) notes to my friends.
I was wishing for new shoes.
It was weird... I was content, but I wasn't.

and then I read this:

creative thoughts - by Ali Edwards

invite love. invite change. invite differences. invite questions.
invite people. invite conversation. invite creativity. invite exploration.
invite goodness. invite sometone new to the table. invite opportunity.
invite music. invite calm. invite emotion.
this month, invite yourself to fully experience life.

I had a great weekend.
I went out to dinner with my boys.
I got to sleep in on Saturday(thank you Ian).
I spent time with Kirsten & Steve.
I had a great lunch date with Angela at The Red Express.
I played outside with Mason.
I got my hair cut.
I (Donna & I) finished the top of Mason's new quilt for his "cowboy" bedroom.
I listened to Marty Campbell's CD (love that guy).
I made corned beef & cabbage for Sunday dinner.
I was busy, but not too busy!
I invited things into my life that make my life mine.
Life is changing around me each and every moment... I just can't forget to invite the future in... and enjoy it!



7 comments:

Becky said...

Wonderful Lindsay! Good for you for inviting the things that matter most to you, into your life. Love the quilt, love the hair cut, love your 'busy' life. You remind me so much of my mom. (I'll explain later, it's a compliment)

Anonymous said...

Wow, wonderful job on the quilt....great to have a talented Mother-in-law to introduce you to the art of sewing!
I've experienced your described emotion....hard to put a finger on, but thankful it brings us to a place of realizing what a Blessed life we have! Reflection is a good thing!!

Anonymous said...

Nice work Linds! It looks great!

Anonymous said...

I can so, so, so relate.
I am still blaming it on the lack of sunshine. Your quilt is awesome. What a special gift for Mason. Have a good week, my friend. And, as you dream of staying home and taking Mason to the park, just remember, 2 more weeks, after this one and you will have a WHOLE WEEK, to do whatever, when ever you want. :)

Kristie said...

So impressed that you made a quite for his bed! What a good mom you are! Your hair looks great! Peace to you this week!

Anonymous said...

Love the quilt and, as always, the way you described your emotions.

Love,
Katie

Ronda said...

What a great job on the quilt! Loved the pockets...can't wait to read about what you find in those pockets here in a couple of year! I too was thought provoked by Ali Edwards. Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin