When I found out that I was having another boy approximately 6 months ago I smiled... and then became a bit frightened... and then started praying. I always wanted boys. I've never been really girly and the picture I created in my head long ago centered around a suburban load of boys. The picture has become a reality, but rather than a suburban - I'm happy with my Tahoe... and I'm pretty sure that the "load" will be me - plus 2 and only 2!
I have had my hands full with Mason.
He's 5 in a 2 year old body and has never been "easy."
He's never wanted to hold my hand.
It's like pulling teeth to get him to cuddle with me.
He's a miniature version of his father.
I've caught myself saying several times: "well, he's cute... he's got that going for him!"... and lately have felt like screaming at the top of my lungs when he looks at me and says "Don't want to!"
I always pictured myself as a mother of boys, but after 2 1/2 years with high spirited, energetic, always on-the-go Mason, I wondered (and still do) if I was going to make it with two boys. I could barely handle one... how in the world was I going to manage with two.
Prayer changes things.
Prayers are answered and just when you think you're free-falling off the high dive... God shows up.
Mackinley Tellier has been an amazing baby his first 4 weeks of life.
His cries are heard, but aren't ear-piercing.
His personality seems to be pretty mellow so far.
He isn't phased by his brother running circles around him.
He falls asleep easily.
He eats well.
He's nothing like Mason was at this stage of life.
I realize that his little life has just begun, and it may be a little too soon to say that he's much "easier" than Mason... but...
I have to continue to believe that God knew what he was doing when he gave me another son.
I have to trust that I will make it - and be successful - as a mother of boys.
I have to know that my prayers were answered... as well as the many others who were praying along side me for something "calm" to enter our lives.
Mack is a treasure that we're so blessed to have.
He's beautiful.
He's peaceful.
He's growing - right before our very eyes!!
July 25, 2007
MACK
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
What a JOY!
Blessings to you today,
Katie
Sweet little Mack! God never gives you more than you can handle with His help! God knows what he's doing, you can always trust in that! I couldn't imgine my life without my three boys in it! In short order you will barely remember your life without multiple boys!:)
What beautiful pictures Linds, of that sweet little Mack. He is changing and just looks so peaceful and content. You are a great mom of your two sweet boys, and I do know that you could do the "girl" thing just as well. :-)
Post a Comment