August 10, 2007

Right Now...

Our house is quiet.
I'm sitting at my computer and am so very happy to say that I am actually able to post from home!!
The writer and photographer in me will still make its way into the lives of others. Praise God!!

...and yet, right now, my fingers can't seem to move, my eyes are dry, there's a lump in my throat...
Unbelievable.

Mack is 6 weeks old today.
There are still countless boxes to be unpacked.
The paint brushes have taken a break for a couple of days, but will be in full swing again soon.
The pictures are waiting patiently to be hung.
The cupboards are full.
The dishes are done.
Has it really been 9 days since the moving truck pulled away and left us standing here... overwhelmed, excited, and grateful?!

My parents left this evening.
Not just to make a quick trip to town.
Not just to go home for the weekend.
They went home.
Home for good.
Home to the life they so graciously gave up for 7 weeks.
Home to their beautiful garden and gorgeous view of the Cascade Mountains.
Home to that place I'm thinking I need to go visit soon... like tomorrow.
They went home... and we're missing them.

I knew it would be hard to have them leave, but I had no idea that 5 hours later I would still feel like I was 18 again, sitting in my dorm room, wondering what on earth I was going to do without my parents. I had no idea that Mason would cry so hard and feel as lost as I did as their car pulled away from our new home.... and 5 hours later still not understand why Mor-Mor and Papa weren't here. I had no idea that life would feel so empty... not just for us, but for them as well. I had no idea how blessed I would feel to have the best parents anyone could ever ask for.




Tonight...reality begins.
Life with 2 boys, a new home, a new job, neighbors, pavement, boxes, and only 2 adults begins. We're surviving.
I actually fixed dinner, washed down the cobwebs from the end of the house, visited with my neighbor, fed Mack, read to Mason, hugged and kissed my husband, started a load of laundry, and finished the dishes without too much trouble.

It's quiet.
Mason is quiet and still a bit teary-eyed.
Ian is quiet and tired.
Mack is quiet and sleeping peacefully.
I'm quiet. I'm teary-eyed. I'm tired. I'm going to be sleeping peacefully soon.

We miss you mom & dad.
Thank you for blessing us with the gift of time and the gift of love.
It's been a wonderful summer - and definitely one we will all treasure forever.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Now I am teary-eyed, right along with you. You are one lucky woman! And I love that you know that. I love that you are scared. I love that you are willing to share your emotions with us. I am so, so, so happy that you have Internet at HOME now!!!
Can't wait to watch those boys of yours keep growing up, and love your new blog name!

Kristie said...

I've been thinking of you! Nice to see your posts again! Your parents are awesome! What a nice post to them. Your words are always beautiful!

Anonymous said...

WE ARE SO BLESSED!!
Your Dad read the post first, and told me I would DEFINITELY need to have the kleenex close by....our hearts are aching as we realize that we won't have that DAILY dose of wonderful moments with you, Ian, Mason & Mack.
You have such a amazing way of capturing our emotions in words and pictures...Thanks!
WE ARE SO BLESSED!!

Brenna said...

First off - love the new name!
second - Yes!! you have internet!!
third - what AMASING parents you have!
fourth - while your life sounds just as busy as ever; it seems that your parents have given you a gift of stability to start off on again and that is so wonderful!!

thinking of you guys.. Brenna

Stacy B said...

Welcome back! You have been missed.

Nicole said...

I am sitting here about to cry then I read what your mom and dad wrote that made it worse. what a blessing to have such a close relationship with your parents.

Stacy said...

ugh! What a feeling! I cried the entire time I read your post. I can still feel the lump in my throat just thinking about that awesome feeling. It is awesome, isn't it? To love so much and to know you are totally loved... You are blessed! I am glad you are in your new house! How awesome! I saw Ian and I think Mason last night at the rodeo! How fun! Love to you!
stacy

Anonymous said...

Yes, Praise God for your parents!!!

Michelle said...

I can empathize with your emotions... Bless you! Call if you need anything.

Ronda said...

Those are 2 of the sweetest pictures I have seen in a long time! The love given to your 2 precious boys from their grandparents!!! You are truly blessed as are your parents having you and your family in their lives!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin