A phone.
An object that defines who some of us are.
A tool used to communicate & interact.
A huge piece of the majority of our lives.
Today's phones are used to email, surf the web, text, chat, talk... and so much more.
They are alarm clocks.
They are address books.
They are appointment reminders.
They are our life.
A phone.
Can you live without it?
Can you go anywhere and leave it behind?
Do you cry at the thought of losing it?
Hmmm.
Well, I know this isn't news to you, but there was something about watching my son carry "his" little phone around and call for help... and guess what?!... I realized something...
God wants to be your phone.
He wants to a part of your life... that part you can't leave behind.
He wants to have a special holder in your purse or on your belt.
He wants to hear from you daily, hourly... each and every minute.
He wants to be a priority.
and if you let Him,
He'll be the one to answer that 911 call.
He'll help you remember the important pieces of your day.
He'll help you prioritize.
He'll be charged and ready to go at a moments notice.
and...
He doesn't charge you for going over your minutes.
He doesn't send a bill.
He doesn't have a busy signal.
He doesn't drop your call.
Try it.
Keep Him as close as you keep your phone... and see what happens.
I dare you.
actually, I dare myself.
* Brenna & Ronda... you'll be receiving something sweet very, very soon!
8 comments:
Les Schwabb?? We have those in the city! I could've thought of that. Oh well. : )
Every year at summer camp, I tell the girls in my cabin to ring up God in the morning and not to hang up with an "Amen" all day until you're just about ready to nod off at night. That way, He's always on the line so you can chat whenever you want! The 3rd and 4th graders especially like that little "trick!"
Oh' that is the cutest thing.
I can't wait to show John.
He will be excited.
So happy he calls Les Schwab and not Commercial Tire.
We might have to wash his mouth out with soap! :)
too cute!
Great post Lindsay! He is so sweet!
When you're in trouble......who you gonna call????
God wants to be first on your speed dial!!
Les Schwab is a close second. ;-)
That is so cute so glad that is wasn't 911.
thanks for sharing that! Daring myself to keep God #1 on my speed dial!
You are an amazing lady! I love your outlook on life! Have a great week!
Post a Comment