Did you know that cows follow the same trails to and from watering holes & feed?
A few nights ago, we were driving through acres of range ground putting out mineral & a few of those "trails" caught my eye. They don't seem to follow any rhyme or reason, they just twist and turn around sagebrush & boulders leading down canyons and up ravines. Some seem to cut right across an open area, and others follow the fence line. I stared at the paths & then began to wonder.
Trail blazin'.
What is it really?!
Are there only certain species that do it?
Who decides which one is the leader of the bunch?
Is there an election?
Do some members of the herd take on the responsibility without being asked?
Are the same 6 cows the ones that do EVERYTHING?
Is there "burn out" among the group?
I've been blazin' a trail in some uncharted territory the past few weeks.
I've attempted to write for the local paper.
I've purchased a new camera and am eagerly awaiting it's arrival.
I've given "acting" a try.
I've over-committed myself a little... well, actually a lot.
I've signed up for a photography class.
I've agreed to teach a class to fellow teachers.
I've been the first to apologize.
I've created opportunities for others to shine.
I've stepped up when I really wanted to hide.
The trails I've been blazing have led me to some interesting places.
Some I will continue to follow because I'm not quite sure where they'll take me.
A few have created exhaustion, but were definitely worth the trip.
and... there are a couple that I need ODOT to come put DEAD END signs on.
Blazin' a trail.
It's trusting and believing in the unknown & the unseen.
It's going, and going, and going even when you feel like quitting.
It's being a leader, when it would be easier to follow.
It's life ... and isn't the view grand?!

6 comments:
What great words you have I love reading your blog it makes me think and enjoy life. Thank you! Love you!
seriously...some days I just want to pull over my wagon and then I remind myself that if everyone just pulled over we wouldn't be moving forward anymore...
"Keep Moving Forward"...one foot in front of the other...the one that matters is always watching...do it for His glory and not an ounce of energy is wasted!!
You are loved, you are appreciated, you are making a difference!!
Keep on blazin'
I love your words!
You are so thought inspiring!! I wish I did as much as you!
What camera are you getting?? An SLR???
Have a good one!
You share such wisdom Lindsay.......very well written and so thought provoking!!
Keep hearing from God and sharing it with us.....we need your insights!
That shot from the hillside is grandiose!!
Excellent trail blazing, Lindsay! God won't open doors unless they're knocked upon~and you're knockin'! I love it!
Post a Comment