I'm on a voyage through this book in the Bible.
I started it today. Today. The day I was home, feeling tired & achy all over. The day when it would have been just as easy to turn on the TV and read nothing, I started a voyage I will not regret.
I've read this book before. I know the characters. I'm familiar with the story line. But today, there was something different.
It's about loyalty. It's about relationship. It's about reputation.
These 4 questions stopped me dead in my tracks. I think they might stop you too. At least for a minute or two.
{Think of the most loyal person you know. What makes that person loyal?}
{Think of a person to whom you are committed. How would that person rate your loyalty?}
{What character traits are evident in your life?}
{Have you ever risked your good reputation for someone or something?}
This book challenges me. It requires self-reflection, surrender & commitment.
Am I loyal just when I want to be?
Am I dedicated to all those who depend on me all the time?
Am I consistently looking for ways to show kindness, no matter what the cost?
Naomi, Ruth, Boaz... they are challenging me.
Challenging me to step it up a notch.
Challenging me to enhance the character traits that define me.
Challenging me to live generously & without hesitation.
Challenging me to be the person I say I am.
I started it today. Today. The day I was home, feeling tired & achy all over. The day when it would have been just as easy to turn on the TV and read nothing, I started a voyage I will not regret.
I've read this book before. I know the characters. I'm familiar with the story line. But today, there was something different.
It's about loyalty. It's about relationship. It's about reputation.
These 4 questions stopped me dead in my tracks. I think they might stop you too. At least for a minute or two.
{Think of the most loyal person you know. What makes that person loyal?}
{Think of a person to whom you are committed. How would that person rate your loyalty?}
{What character traits are evident in your life?}
{Have you ever risked your good reputation for someone or something?}
This book challenges me. It requires self-reflection, surrender & commitment.
Am I loyal just when I want to be?
Am I dedicated to all those who depend on me all the time?
Am I consistently looking for ways to show kindness, no matter what the cost?
Naomi, Ruth, Boaz... they are challenging me.
Challenging me to step it up a notch.
Challenging me to enhance the character traits that define me.
Challenging me to live generously & without hesitation.
Challenging me to be the person I say I am.
Today ... I'm physically not well, but mentally & spiritually, I'm soaring.

10 comments:
I might just have to pull out Unshaken by Francine Rivers.
Hope you are feeling better this evening!
I LOVE the story of Ruth! Linds, I hope you are feeling better tonight!
I couldn't admit my middle name for a long time. It was quite embarrassing when I was young. It was very old-fashioned and "ugly" sounding I thought....
....until I studied who inspired my middle name from the Bible: Ruth.
Now it is a badge of honor~for everything you've just beautifully outlined.
Hope you feel better soon!
Oh Lindsay... always making me think, I mean really think this time. I will be pondering these questions.
I hope you feel better soon!!!
It's for sure that we can all learn something from the book of Ruth ..... God showing us the wonderful character qualities that made Ruth a true woman of God.
I want to display those same qualities, but only through extending God's grace to those around me am I able.
Ruth has been part of my heartbeat this spring. I am glad you brought her up... makes me want to re-read it. What I took from it... is that while we are ordinary woman... we are also NOBLE, because of our kinsman redeemer! Blessings to your physical bod!!!
Love the book of Ruth too! I'm so sorry your sick... no fun. :o( Missed you at the VBS meeting.
And WHERE did you get that bountiful sign?! I LOVE IT!
You are so dedicated.. I think I would have turned on the TV or took a nap. You inspire me.
the living word!!!
constant...unchanging...encouraging...correcting...guiding...loving...
thank you for sharing your heart!
thank you for your delivery yesterday even though I know you would rather have just been home...
Mary, Martha and I are getting aquainted again!!:)
Love you!!
Thank you Lindsay for these thoughts :)
get well soon!!
Post a Comment