August 12, 2008

Look Alikes




Lord, in this age of materialism, insatiable appetites, and pleasure run wild, we are so programmed to not be content. Help my child see the futility of pursuing things and sensations. Help my child understand that contentment comes not from great wealth but from fewer wants. Give my child an appetite for learning truth. And help me to demonstrate contentment in my own lifestyle.

"Things don't last. People do."

Week 2: Contentment

10 comments:

Stacey said...

So true! I hope to teach this also...

Not sure what google talk is? Is it linked with my gmail? like IMing?

Kerry said...

A message we all need to remind ourselves of throughout our lifetime!
"for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am". Phil. 4:11

Becky said...

LOVE this post Lindsay. I wish you these same things dear Mack, for they are the most important in life sweet boy.

Anonymous said...

Amen!

So true how we always seem to be dissatisfied with ourselves, our lives and reaching for something more.

Let us reach for Him!

Kristie said...

I think that the longing that our hearts seemed to have is just misdirected sometimes.

God created each of us to long for His presence and for our eternal home. A craving for His love!

I'm hopeful that each day as I move toward Him, my heart wants less and less of the things of this world.

Anonymous said...

So true!!!
Great picture of father and son!!!

Angie said...

Yes, Lindsay. We have to get it before they can. So true.

I love this verse...Philippians 4:19 And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

We have enough through Him!

Stacy B said...

Big hugs to you today friend! I miss seeing you.

Pendleton Pathways: International Travel said...

Great words and pic!!!

Thanks for sharing :)

Pendleton Pathways: International Travel said...

Just reread this post, because I have been thinking about it throughout the day. I added buying this book to my agenda tomorrow... if it is to be found in Pendleton.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin