Here goes...
{1}
I've spent some time the past few weeks re-reading through my journals of 2000 and 2001. Not sure what prompted me to do this... maybe it was when I cleared off my entire bookshelf and realized one whole shelf was filled with my journals.... anyway,
8 years sure does go by quickly, and WOW - A LOT has changed! My relationship with God continues to lead me in places I never thought I'd be, but after today's message at church, I am reminded that I am HERE, living in this community, married to my farmer/rancher, teaching 2nd grade, mothering 2 sweet boys for a reason.
I did a study with some wonderful women during the summer of 2000 and I'm thinking that I need to do it again. Such powerful stuff in Experiencing God.
"You cannot be in a relationship with Jesus and not be on a mission."
"God can do anything He wants with one person who believes Him and will obey Him."
"Be patient and faithful to the Lord. God will cause your small influence to have far reaching effects in His timing. Don't try to force change with your own strength. Trust God to do His work of bringing change through you."
{2}
I love quotes that stop me in my tracks, make me think about things in a new or different way, and make me appreciate life. Here are a few that are meaningful to me right now:
{Find direction in your life by looking where you want to go, not where you don't.}
{Learn something new. Emphasize the trying, not the succeeding.}
{Don't compare yourself to other people... compare yourself to Jesus.}
{God wants ALL I have! Not just what I want to give.}
{...God does not see the same way people see. People look at the outside of a person, but the Lord looks at the heart.}
{Ever notice that it takes ten compliments to overcome one negative criticism? If one person said she/he didn't like your hair, it would take ten people saying they really liked your hair before you would feel good about it. So be careful what you say... especially about yourself.}
{3}
I've found that I {heart} t-shirts. White, black, green, blue, yellow, red... capped sleeve, 3/4 sleeve, long sleeve t-shirts. I've had huge amounts of success shopping for great tops at Old Navy and Modbe, and my sister's closet (thank you, thank you, thank you Kirsten!!).
If you haven't checked out the cute clothes my friend Angela is selling, CLICK HERE RIGHT NOW! I have loved all 7 things I've purchased from this site and they will have new items next week! Whoo Hoo!
{4}
My husband owns a business that does custom baling of hay and straw for farmers around our region. We have 7 balers that have to keep moving while the weather is good. Keeping 7 balers moving isn't an easy task, and I've found that as I've started back into my "busy" season at school, my husband's busy season just keeps on coming. He leaves at 5 and is home at dark. We're both tired & there is barely time to eat, let alone "chat" about our days. This too shall pass... one day at a time (as Ronda would say), but I tell you what, it's HARD right now. I continue to pray for patience and rest as we move forward into fall. The cows will be home from the mountains soon & then another "busy" season begins.
{5}
My parents spent a few days with us. We napped, we picnicked, we swam (thank you Hawmans), we laughed. Thanks for coming mom & dad... we're all counting the days until our next visit!!
{6}
Encourage those around you. Send them a note. Call them and just say HI. Make them a treat. Send them a book (Thank you Amy!). Take time to visit. Pray for them faithfully. Show interest in their lives. Be REAL.
God is good. He continues to show Himself and His power in and through our lives. I'm so very thankful for His mercy and grace as I continue to press on and strive to be more like Him.
Have a GREAT week dear readers & know that you are loved.

14 comments:
I have had this study for years but haven't done it yet...maybe it is time for me to get it out and finally open it up!
God IS good! Thinking of you, praying for you, and hope you have a great week!
Linds,
Thank you for this blog entry and thank you for you! These are great pictures too. Thanks for your note, it made my day! Have a great week.
Fun post!
#1- You have incredible parents!
#2- I love #6!
#3- The idea of looking at the goal gives me drive in life! Sometimes it is hard to look at all this is out of place... but to keep striving towards what you desire is good!
Enjoy Monday!!! Yahoo!!!
What a wonderful post. Those are some good quotes (I might have to 'borrow' one or two, if you don't mind). Thank you for being honest and real in your posts and for striving to be like Jesus, it comes across in your writing and I am grateful for that.
Hope you had a great weekend and that this busy season of your life will be just that, a season. And praying that it may bring you and your family joy and happiness even in the midst of the struggles that come with this season.
with prayers,
katarina
Amen! Great STUFF! Thank you.
I LLLOOOVVVE the new banner. So adorable!
Linds,
The new banner is sooooooooooooooo cute and absolutely adorable!! I love the colors!
What great wisdom you share for each of us to reflect on ....... God is using your talents as you allow Him to use you as an instrument in His hands. Don't give up your goal of living out your faith and furthering God's kingdom on earth!
We love being with you and are hopeful that we are giving you a small reprieve from the hecticness of your busy lives!!
The pictures are such fun!
Great post Linds and I love that first picture!!!
Thanks for the plug!!! :)
Love the quotes!!!!
Love the pictures!!!
Love you my friend, thank you for your email about my dad. It came at the perfect time.
Love this post Linds! Love you! Have a great Tuesday.
Love to read the "Lindsay List" post...so you and so much of the reason I'm blessed to call you friend!!
I am praying for you right now! Love you, friend!
Awesome pictures Lindsay!
Post a Comment