August 10, 2008

My Cardboard Testimony

Renee Swope from Proverbs 31 Ministries continues to be an inspiration to me through her blog. A few weeks ago she posted about Cardboard Testimonies and I finally watched it last night. As I read each and every cardboard during the 8 minutes of the video (and wiped away tear after tear), I couldn't help but feel the emotion, pain & JOY that these people experienced in their life before and after Christ. What a testimony of His faithfulness and mercy when we choose to follow Him!

The big question that has pondered my mind ...What would my cardboard read today?

What will it read 10 years from now?

Watch this video - it's not a drama... it's real-life people standing before their church with God by their side letting the world know what God has the power to do!



Today - this Sunday morning in August of 2008 my cardboard would read:

lost, worldly, mentally abused, always comparing myself to others, insecure

and the flip side:

living in truth, walking in light, sharing my God-given gifts with the world, knowing and believing that I'm a beautifully and wonderfully made and I am HIS!

What would yours say?

I'd love to see/read the GREAT things God has done in all of your lives as well... so, leave a comment with your cardboard testimony and share your story with all of the readers of Bales & Tales!

Blessings friends ~ Peace.

7 comments:

Kirsten said...

Tears, tears, tears...
Lost, independent, self-reliant, scared, searching for love in all the wrong places, daughter lost....
Redeemed by Amazing Grace! reliant on God, secure in His love and forgiveness, beautiful daughter!!

Lindsay said...

Tears, tears, tears is right! I love you Kirsten!

Michelle said...

Incredible! Fighting the sound that comes with crying.

lonely, longing to be loved, desperate for faithfulness

Jesus is my ever faithful love! He is forever with me... my comforter and my peace, my rock and my sure foundation!

Brenna said...

scared, lonely, abused, angery

now: confidant, able, inspired

Katarina said...

insecure, suicidal, self-hating

Alive through Christ and the power of His Love and Faithfulness. I AM His child.

What an awesome video! Totally makes you stop and think about the before and after.

Kerry said...

Desperate for love, unfaithful, focused on self.

Redeemed, shown mercy, loved beyond measure!

THANKFUL!!!

Kristie said...

sad, scared, lost in this world, alone, walking in darkness

JOYFUL, CONFIDENT in HIS LOVE, FOUND, NEVER FORGOTTEN, WALKING IN HIS LOVE AND HIS LIGHT!!

Praise JESUS for the changes in my life. Jesus saved my from myself...my greatest enemy!!

Love to you Linds!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin