August 15, 2008

The Next Michael Phelps.


Well... maybe not, but hey, you never know. :)

As I've watched Michael Phelps do amazing things during the Olympics, I can't help but wonder what he was like as a child?

Did he do exactly what his swim instructor told him to do at age 3?
Did he ever have "freak-out moments" when he realized he couldn't touch?
Could he bob up and down, in and out of the water 10 times in a row without stopping?
Did he like to dive for the colored sticks and rings?
Was he sad when it was a "swimming lesson" day?

We're not all born Olympic stars.
We don't all have that natural talent and ability to exceed at everything we do.

But...

We all have potential.
We all have talents.
We all have the chance to be or do something unique.

Tonight, as I turned off the TV, I sat and stared at my oldest son in awe and wonder.

What will his future be like?
What will his passion be?
What will he do with the talent he possesses?
How will he react after achieving a lifetime goal?

Mason may not be Michael Phelps, but he will be a medal winner - somewhere, some time, some place... and I'm going to be that proud, proud mom cheering him on!!

10 comments:

Katie said...

Great post, Linds! I know exactly how you feel :)

Love you!

Nicole said...

Your boys will do great things. They have such an amazing and encouraging Mother.
Love you friend

Brenda said...

I see Mason winning a gold medal in tractor driving at the Fair!;)

Kristie said...

whatever his "gold medal sport" ends up being, it will surely be something that is helpful to others!:)

thanks for sharing a little of your day with me today!

Blessing to you...love you!

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking the same thing. What are my boys going to be like when they are older???? HMMM

Crystal said...

Not a Michael Phelps... I bet he'll be bigger!!!

Brooke said...

Jeremy and I were just talking about how much fun it would be to have an Olympian in the family:) I can only imagine what the cameras at the events would pick up with all of us there:)

Brenna said...

whoa - I LOVE the header!!!!!!!

Kerry said...

He'll be a winner, not matter what he does!!!
Another Michael Phelps would be awesome!

Shannon said...

Okay, I love that you posted this! I too have been wondering about my childrens future watchign these olympics.
Here's a little fact about Mr. Olympian (phelps). His Doctor wanted to put him on Ridalyn (sp?) for his hyperness. His mom chose to put him in swimming in hopes that would help him get rid of his energy. Smart Mama!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin