May 17, 2009

another {stop}

Destination 3

Max Lucado is one of my favorite authors and speakers, and if you've spent any time reading my blog in the past 3 years, you know I quote and refer to him often.

I've never met him, but I have considered taking a trip to Texas to attend the church he pastors for a Sunday or two. {smile}

He puts the scripture from the Bible in words that are easily understood - no matter where you are in your walk with Christ or how much or little you understand about the Bible.

His writing style intrigues me.

His speaking style is that of a man who wants to show everyone {not just a select few} how great God is by speaking in love and truth.

The {one liners} that he uses in his books and sermons make me stop right in my tracks and think about my relationship with God, with my husband, my family, my friends, my co-workers, and my community in a whole new light.

His perspective is one that I pray others see in me & my writing too.

If I had the opportunity to spend an internship with someone to learn more about writing about God and His faithfulness, it would be Max.

I find myself at his website reading the daily devotions, pondering the weekly words, and listening carefully to his video podcasts. {which are currently on fearing less - so good for this past month of my life}

...............................................

You may be thinking to yourself ... goodness Lindsay, if you're always at these {destinations} ... when do you get anything else done? Are you always on the computer?

I do spend a fair amount of time on the computer. I read blogs, I do my best to comment faithfully, and I visit sites that encourage and uplift ... and I truly believe that it's worth my time if I see, and respond, and leave encouraged to deepen my walk with Christ.

I don't watch TV very often, so TV time is spent reading on the computer.

I listen to Max's podcasts while folding laundry or making dinner.

I read his daily devotions while putting lotion on my legs and arms and dry, cracked feet in the morning.

I rotate between Proverbs 31 Ministries, Roy Lessin, Max & a couple of others {destinations yet to come}, because if I'm filling my mind with God and His amazing power to speak through others, then maybe, just maybe I can do that for someone else.

Not because of me, but because of Him.

4 comments:

Shelby-Grace said...

God Came Near was the first book of his I ever read. It is probably still my favorite, even though I love so many of his other books.

You do a great job of speaking about the things of God through your words on your blog! Your writing insprires me to make good use of my day and my life...to live it for the One who counts...Christ! Thanks:)

Kristie said...

somethings in life are just "worth it"...time well spent Linds!!

Your writing is a constant source of encouragement and inpiration for me.

Thank you for sharing your heart and the wisdom that God has shared with you thru Max and many others.

Much love to you today dear friend!!

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

inside I am going "oh no". I loved his early books and have not read many of the recent ones. I am bookmarking his site and thinking "oh no" cause I know I am about to start a new obsession! I know I love his writing so I will go nuts catching up again! PODCASTS!!!! I am soooo excited to check out his podcasts!!!! I will listen on our upcoming trip to ark!!!! thanks! I was wondering what I wanted to download for the trip. thank!

y.o.u. bring me joy! *smile*

Sweet Blessings said...

Very Inspiring, encouraging...and perfect...You are touching many, many hearts each day by taking time to blog! Thank YOU...Sweet blessings!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin