I pulled into the driveway ... and yes, you guessed it ... another long day that was nowhere close to being over.
I got out of the car, grabbed the mail and paper & then got back into the car.
An Oregon Beef Magazine, a bill, junk mail & a big fat envelope from the IRS. {ugh}
Maybe it got put in the wrong box.
Nope.
It had our names on it. {ugh}
My heart started racing.
I didn't want to open it, but knew I had to.
Lots of pages.
Lots of numbers.
One box filled with 5 digits of what is due from 2007. {ugh}
Something isn't right & I know it will get fixed ... but still.
I'm pretty sure my heart was dragging on the ground for those few minutes I sat in my car.
.........................................................................
Didn't I just write about God being in control?
Hadn't I recently turned my computer off with a feeling of peace & comfort surrounding me?
Wasn't I just {busting my frets}?
Seriously.
.............................................................................
I'm guessin' God doesn't mess around when you say {I'm all yours}?
In fact, I'm pretty sure He was saying ... "Ok ... you gave me the wheel, now let me drive."
Don't just write it down for others to read.
Show them that you practice what you preach.
Trust me.
I will not fail you.
.............................................................................
Man, oh man.
Trusting is hard.
Believing is hard.
Waiting is hard.
Giving up control is hardest for me.
................................................................................
Destination # 2
Proverbs 31 Ministries ~
One of my favorite {fuelin' up} stops is their Daily Devotions
And make no mistake that today's devotion is all about this verse:
"Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall." Psalm 55:22
God is present, and He is speaking so very clearly to my heart through each and every circumstance I face.
The key to hearing Him ... well, I don't always have that one figured out, but today ... it's all about SEEKING & TRUSTING! If I'm not striving for more of Him and less of me by {fuelin' up} ... my opportunities to hear Him are a whole lot less.
...........................................
So, here's to letting go & letting God!
Seeking.
Listening.
Trusting.
8 comments:
Oh, Man! When it rains it pours... but then the SON comes and drys up the rain bringing a rainbow of HOPE! I pray peace and HOPE in your life and heart! Love ya!
Hang in there...
Farmers don't ever owe the IRS : ) Don't they know that by now?
But still, hang in there. And take care!
Guess God is putting your words/thoughts/inspiration to others to the test of "practicing what you preach" ..... you're passing the test!!
So thankful that we can TRUST God to sort everything out and let Him have complete control!
Thank you. I needed that today.
Praying you have the BEST weekend, and that it's filled to overflowing with PEACE & JOY! And, some of your Mama's home-cooking too..and that you get some time to just "be"!!! :D Sweet blessings!
Oops..the deleted one was from me...somehow, I double-clicked the send button :D Silly me...I think my body is telling me it's time for bed.....Sweet blessings!
*sigh* trusting is so hard sometimes. but it is such a relief all at the same time. how is that!?
Post a Comment