that place where you're neither here nor there.
that place where things aren't quite the same as they used to be, but they're not all that different.
transition.
a change.
a movement.
a passage.
...........................................
{transition} seems to have become a way of life - not just for some, but for many.
from one holiday to the next.
from one grading period or semester to another.
from the mountains to home.
from pasture to corn stalks.
from month to month.
from paycheck to paycheck.
we're living a life of {transition}.

.............................................
I've spent the past few weeks transitioning my class from one trimester to another. There have been tests, final drafts, scheduling, placements, and a little fun in the middle. We're practicing Christmas songs, writing what we're thankful for, and somehow managing to continue to learn our math facts. Transition has become our middle name.
Lindsay {transitioning} Murdock.
Now doesn't that just have a great ring to it?!
School has been so hard this year, but so great at the same time. I know that sounds weird, but it's true. There are so many good things happening and changing, but the amount of energy, stamina, patience and understanding it has required has taken its toll. Not just on me, but on many of my co-workers as well. We're a dedicated and highly motivated staff, so we have survived, but there have been a few battle wounds along the way.
We're transitioning & we're doing it with grace. Not on our own strength, but with His.
.............................................
I've also spent the past several weeks in preparation of our upcoming move. Yes, we're moving. I've hesitated to share much about this simply because there are still so many unknowns, and we have not signed any papers yet, but after the land survey is sent in, things should be moving forward. God is teaching me so much about myself and my faith as this process has been a long one, and I continue to look up for the strength and security that only He can give.
I can't wait to give you a glimpse of the future we have ahead of us in the next several weeks. The view is spectacular. The home will be {ours}. The testimony of God's faithfulness will be written on the walls. Please continue to pray that this {transition} will be just what God has had in mind for us!
..............................................
a life with deep sighs and mixed emotions.

transition.
It's everywhere.
what are you {transitioning} through?
Maybe it's a new job.
Maybe it's unemployment.
Maybe it's a health concern.
Maybe it's a change in the size of your family.
Maybe it's college.
Maybe it's just getting from November to December.
Whatever it is, know that you're not alone.
Transition is life.
and I pray that God gives you the strength and endurance He's given us through whatever it is you're facing.
............................................
He's right there with you at every corner, speed bump, and intersection.
Have you seen Him lately?
I'd love to know how I can be praying for you - so leave a comment with your {transition} and I will pray!
Blessings ~
17 comments:
Linds- SO excited for this next bend in the road!!! And I can't WAIT to see your view along the way.
You are steadfast.
You are transparently strong.
You are a shining beakon of holding {fast} to His promise.
To say "I'm so proud of you" seems so parental but I can't help it. I'm SO PROUD of your faithfulness through this journey...SO BLESSED to know you and cheer for you...SO ENCOURAGED to transition gracefully in my own life.
Love you dear friend.
you'll be fine and i'm anxious to see what the future hold for you and your wonderful family. you are strong, secure, bright, funny, capable and so many things inbetween. you'll embrace this upcoming adventure with open arms and a thoughtful heart, cause that's who you are. have a wonderful saturday!
Oh Lindsay...I haven't been reading...I've been absent but this post reached out to me today. Thanks...transitions are happening all around us. I'm praying...
:)
Perfectly written..TRANSITIONS...a very hard word for me to endure..and as I read this I find my eyes misting up...because you are so right....it's only THROUGH our relationship with Jesus that we can step by step go forward in faith! Thanks for living the words you write..and for sharing your deepest concerns with us...you know I'm praying deeply for you & your family each day..and I'm going to be soooo blessed to see those prayers answered!!! Love you sweet friend! Sweet blessings!
See, I agree with you, but I've also decided that really ALL of life and LIVING is TRANSITION... for if we weren't swimming, we'd sink. It is so awfully hard to not be able to see the shore we are swimming toward. As a mother this has been my most difficult lesson. That 'controlling' me so wanted to be able to have a vision but I think my lesson really was ~ regardless of the journey or traveling companions or the weather or the route we take ~ we never can ever see the shore. God is in control and he is our only constant the only compass... to have faith and trust and PATIENCE is what it is all about. Yeah, I'm thinking this may inspire a blog entry of it's own. I need to think this a little more and see if I can put feelings into words. Can't wait to 'see' where you are going...let me know when you reach your shore... at least your new shore, for now. :-)
PS-There are still tables at our bazaar - no pressure though... also, PPS - I ordered spool note cards, I can't wait to get them. :-)
I can hardly wait to hear more/see more of your where God is taking you. I so admire you...
Transitions: exciting, scary, faith-inducing!
I am SO excited for your family, praying that all that is needed will fall into place.
*love* that you are resting in Him and letting Him lead these transitions in your life.
Linds,
I haven't read your posts on this site for a long time because I don't sit at a computer very often. I just hit FB by phone. This post brought tears to my eyes as I am transitioning and I can't say that it is my favorite. You are a very very strong person and this was just the post I needed, and I hate to admit it. Your move will be great and you will do it with grace and strength. Can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it. I love the picture, it is a great one of the guys. Do take care and continue to enjoy the rest of your weekend. Know you are being prayed for and loved a whole whole bunch!!!!
Excited for what God is doing in all of the transitions in our lives!
Praying He continues to give you strength and peace through it all!
Love you!
Praying for you and cheering you on as you move onto your next big adventure!
AWE! HOW AWESOME! you make me sigh. and how did you get M to sigh so perfectly for you for that pic! you are a blessing!
Sounds like you have a lot coming up. You're so right, God's strength and endurance will see you through this time. I'll be praying for you.
And since you asked, I would appreciate your prayers. We too are moving. We will be leaving the Midwest to move to So. California. Our family is going to be part of a church plant. I know that this is where God is calling us, but to be honest my heart is a bit heavy. Not because I am questioning His call, but just because of my own selfish reasons. Thanks so much! And thanks for this post, I needed it!!
And you are transitioning so beautifully! Thank you for this wonderful post, your amazing friendship and the friendship your family gives to us. This next transition is going to be wonderful (and hopefully filled with more $5 oops's!).
Your gift of writing and the songs that play in the background are full of wisdom that comes down from the Father of light! Thanks for responding to His call on your life.
I'm so emotional right now ....about all the changes, too, but claiming God's promises of His faithfulness and His ability to give us power to live beyond ourselves by the power of Holy Spirit.
Know that we are committed to praying for you and your sweet family.
Lindsay {transitioning} Murdock....I do like the sound of that ;) Life sure is a transition, and sometimes, don't we just want it all to remain the same?! It's a good thing that HE is the same yesterday, today and forever!
I will continue to pray for you and your family! Love you!
I am so excited for your family. Transition is what keeps us going and keeps us on our toes. The Lord never gives us more than we can handle even though at times it might seem like we are sinking in all of it. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for you and your family. It sounds like a great adventure.
Post a Comment