December 1, 2009

Bama.

Republished today ... Bama (age 95) is now in Heaven.

She will be missed so very, very much ... and our only hope is that her grace, humor, whit & radiant spirit will live on! Love you Bama ~

Originally published 11.29.07



Grandmas hold our tiny hands for just a little while.....but our hearts forever.
~Author Unknown

I arrived home from school today with a runny nose, a sore throat, and tired eyes. The snow that covered our world this morning was now completely gone, leaving behind mud and a damp chill. I was ready to collapse on the couch, but had many things to accomplish before the 7:00 baby shower I had committed to attend. I rushed about the house and then noticed that Ian had brought the mail in. Most of it was junk mail. There were a couple of bills, a darling Christmas card from Tanya, a catalog, and some coupons. Quickly tossing the bills onto the counter, I spotted it...

~ the handwriting I've grown to cherish
~ the return address I love to see
~ the signature of Bama (Ian's grandma).

It was a postcard letting us know we were loved.
A postcard thanking us for making an effort to be there for Thanksgiving.
A postcard signed with hope and anticipation of another visit to come.

I hope and pray that at the "young" age of 92...

~ I will be writing notes to my grandchildren
~ I will share my love with those whom I hold dear
~ I will radiate wisdom & grace without saying a word
~ I will hold the hand of my 9th great-grandchild and smile.

14 comments:

shara said...

thank you for sharing a blessing with me. sad for your families loss, but know you have the strenght and wisdom to understand and accept. and as for being able to do those things at the young age of 92- you'll surely be doing just that. because you see, you do it now and you know what they say, practice makes perfect. have a wonderful day my friend!

Kirsten said...

Oh what a lady she was!! She truly will be missed as much as she was loved!

Kerry said...

Such a great post of "legacy" ..... passing along the most important part of living ..... to share our love for God with those we come into contact with.
She was definitely a woman that aged with grace!!!
She will be missed!!

ShelliGib said...

What a nice post. I'm sure she's smiling down on you! Have great time remembering her!

Darcy said...

I am sure she knows how many loving thoughts are being sent her way...and what a legacy she has left!

Kristie said...

Tough to say good-bye but it's only for a little while!! We will all celebrate together one day!!

Katie said...

Hugs to you!

Sarah said...

So sorry for your loss. She sounds like an amazing woman. Those matriarchal voids are hard to fill!

Anne said...

Blessings and prayers to your entire family right now.

Sweet Blessings said...

What a beautiful tribute to an amazing woman of God! Smiling through tears that God blessed your heart, life, & family with the gift of one of His faithful servants! Sending love & prayers to your family! Sweet blessings!

P.S. I Love the way your Mom put it....A Legacy...covered in Grace...oh, if only we can all leave with those words written about us !

Kriss said...

Praying that God comforts you all.

Kerry said...

LOVE the picture of Bama's finger in Mack's grasp!

Deb said...

Your whole family is in my prayers.

Stacey said...

So sorry for you. Grandmas are a special treasure. Let her love and life live on.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin