makes the road home barely visible.
There is no white fog line to guide me or tail-lights to follow.
The pavement ends and the gravel greets the four tires of my vehicle.
I start counting telephone poles that line the field along the left side of the road.
I laugh to myself ... have I ever counted them in the daylight or on a clear night to {know} how many there really are?
No.
Oh well - it seems to help me inch my way along the gravel if I count.
{note to self ... count the phone poles when they're visible}
.....................................
How far away am I from {home}?
I'll probably never know.
But do I really want to know?
......................................
I like to know where I'm going.
I really like that on a clear day {or night} you can see our home as soon as the pavement ends.
The straight line to my destination.
The bumps are all visible.
You know there isn't a blind corner.
And you can see for miles. {literally}
.............................
Life isn't meant to be seen like that.
At least not in my opinion.
And as I'm striving to be {fearless} ... the fog has shown me more about myself than I want to admit.
It's {ok} to not know where you're going all the time.
It really is.
Because when you choose to believe in the unseen and have faith that your path has been prepared in advance ... just for you ... you're stepping out of fear & stepping into life.
.....................................
the fog ...
not always pleasant.
not always wanted.
but sometimes ... a reminder that walking or driving ... or sometimes even dragging your feet into the unknown is what faith is all about.
......................................
And the picture for today ...
my built in cabinet/hutch... right off the kitchen ... filled with goodness!
11 comments:
Hurray! A picture that shows us your new surroundings! Love it! Excited to see more!
Love you and miss you!
awesome post! love it. also, love your new built it... especially for showing off all your treasures!
Loving the pictures, even one at a time. Can't wait until I can see it in person. Maybe a few reflectors set up along the way might be helpful to give you a little light at the end of the tunnel, that little bit of guiding light that we sometimes need and appreciate.
Fog makes for faith and trust building! I'm learning, this year, to let Him be BIG. Not boxed in by my fears. This requires walking in a fog, because I can't really "see" Him as clearly as He really is! Faith&Trust. Here I go...
Your post was very appropriate for the weather we have had for the past week ...... today there is finally a little sun breaking through to show us what lies around us. :-)
Love this post! You're such an amazing writer and point out the perfect metaphors. And I like your built-ins with the goodies, too! :)
*great* post. Lindsay, you truly have a way with words.
I am excited to see that you are getting unpacked and settled!
thankful for foggy times and thankful for the SON that burns that fog away from our hearts so we can see just how far we have come!
BE FEARLESS!! BE JOYFUL!! BE YOU!!
LOVE the built-in!! Can't wait to see it in person!!
Love to you-
Great choice on the picture....I still can't get over how good that stain/paint combo looks!
Thanks for this post and your thoughts!
I just LOVE the gift God has given you of creating mental images through words! PERFECT! And, your new hutch...totally says "HOME" and Welcome to me :D I Love all your treasures being displayed! Praying each day your home becomes more & more filled with your treasures and HIS blessings for your family! Sweet blessings!
So, so good! This was a reminder I really needed today.
Post a Comment