December 15, 2010

friends.

Mason & Easton.  Kindergarten, 2010.

When Mason started school just a couple of months ago, there were quite a few  things I wasn't certain of.

Like the schedule.

I have to be at work at 7:30 ... he doesn't start school until 8:15.

I can't leave until 3:30 ... he is done at 3:15.

He goes to school 4 days a week ... I go five.

Like his friends.

Who would he play with?

Where would he chose to sit at lunch?

What kind of influence would he be on others?

How would others influence him?

Would he be well-liked?

Like his teachers.

Would they notice that he stutters when he's tired?

Would they see his love for all things farm/ranch?

Would they realize that he is a work in progress?

Would they take care of him they way he needed to be cared for?

...................................

Well, 3 months later, I can say with a fact that there is no other place I'd want him to spend his days.

He has wonderful friends.

He has a great morning routine. {thank you Jenny and Easton}

He has a teacher that {gets} him and loves him and truly cares about him.

He has made relationships with people without his parents by his side.

And I'm more than proud.

...................................

He's observant. 

He watches how others interact.

He pays close attention to the {friendships} we have as adults.

He sees our family's friendships change and grow ... and learns about his own friendships in the same way.

So as he grows as a {friend} ...  my only prayer is that he desires to be the friend that is true to what he says he is.

True ... through his words.

True ... through his actions.

True ... through his thoughts.

...................................

He's a work in progress ... as a son, a brother and a friend ... but he's definitely on the right track!

7 comments:

Becky said...

Love this! LOVE that your schedule works, love that you are happy, and LOVE Mason!

Darcy said...

He's a pretty fabulous young man!

Sweet Blessings said...

:D So smiling at that photo of those two boys! Sweet blessings!

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

ok him in that plaid shirt and big belt buckle.... tooo cute!I know that is probably normal attire but its just so cute!

Kristie said...

He's quite a guy! Happy to be in his world!!

Katarina said...

What a great reminder of where he is at right now.

Kerry said...

He is a sweetheart and it's nice that others recognize that as much as his Grandparents do!
Love you Mason McCrae ...... almost 6-yr-old !

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin