Sometimes ... actually, most of the time, I look too hard for things.
I get so busy looking that I don't see what's been right under my nose the whole time.
Like on Saturday for instance ... when I spent 15 minutes {searching} for Mack ... only to find him right where I had left him.
Sitting in a chair, curled up ... resting in the midst of a storm.
..............................
Looking too hard ... and missing the big picture.
Looking for help ... when it was there all along.
Looking for love ... when really, I hear it whispered from the moment I rise, to the moment I lay my head down to rest ... I just have to know to listen.
Looking for approval.
Looking for understanding.
Looking for a miracle.
Looking, and looking, and looking ... but not really {seeing}.
And not really seeing because of tired, achy, weary eyes that have been focused on some of the wrong things.
....................................
Life has a way of teaching us so much about ourselves.
So much that it hurts at times.
But you know what?
It's totally and completely up to us to see through the impaired vision ... and past the hurt ... right to the heart of {hope}.
Like on Saturday for instance ... when I spent 15 minutes {searching} for Mack ... only to find him right where I had left him.
Sitting in a chair, curled up ... resting in the midst of a storm.
..............................
Looking too hard ... and missing the big picture.
Looking for help ... when it was there all along.
Looking for love ... when really, I hear it whispered from the moment I rise, to the moment I lay my head down to rest ... I just have to know to listen.
Looking for approval.
Looking for understanding.
Looking for a miracle.
Looking, and looking, and looking ... but not really {seeing}.
And not really seeing because of tired, achy, weary eyes that have been focused on some of the wrong things.
....................................
Life has a way of teaching us so much about ourselves.
So much that it hurts at times.
But you know what?
It's totally and completely up to us to see through the impaired vision ... and past the hurt ... right to the heart of {hope}.
4 comments:
Amen!
May hope surround you this week and fill your heart full in the midst of the hurt and struggles of life and learning and growing!
I {see} a beautiful mom...wife...friend...person! Love ya friend....and I'll {see} you tomorrow!
Thanks for reminding me that there is more to seeing that just looking :D That seeing comes from using our hearts and taking time in the midst of life to take every single minute in! Sweet blessings!
Oh Linds. I read your blog for a long time today...catching up; looking {in}.
I've paused with this: It's totally and completely up to us to see through the impaired vision ... and past the hurt ... right to the heart of {hope}.
It's where I {am} today and like always, you've put the words to the feelings. You're so insightful and giving. I just love this blog of yours and love the way He is working through you...and in you.
Shine on sweet friend.
Post a Comment