April 25, 2011

my very own "chronicles".

I’ve tried approximately 7 times to do the “read the Bible in a year” thing. And approximately 6 of those times I’ve failed. Attempt number 7 is going strong … and it’s taking me through some amazing places with some pretty great people in God’s Word where I’ve never been before.

In just a few short weeks I’ll have made it all the way to Psalms – one of my favorite books in the Bible. The book in which David’s praise and admiration is shown in three basic directions – upward, outward, and inward.

My {daily walk Bible} states it best:

Upward – in spontaneous praise to God
Outward – in public testimony and thanksgiving
Inward – in humble dependence on God

This list of blessings, of gratitude, of living fully right where I am … it’s just what God delights in.

To hear my joyful noise written, spoken, prayed … in adoration of Him and the things He is doing in and through me gives Him delight ... and I love that.

These “chronicles” in my life and the numbered happenings of what is and is to come … they’re evidence of a God that forgives, that forgets, and that loves me (and you)  – over and over and over again.



821. clean desks … just not mine.
822. a “finalist” for BEEF magazine.
823. matching sweatshirts.
824. Craig Christiansen.
825. an afternoon road trip for all of us.
826. a pen with just a little bit of ink left … yes, just enough to give thanks.
827. sorting sticks.

832. {I “tole” ya Mason – I tole ya.} – Mack
833. grilled cheese – hot and ready.
834. “mazaking” and “mc hangabur” – Mason's way of saying magazine and hamburger ... hysterical.
835. desks in rows.

837. items returned.

839. Mary and her love for Mack.
840. jelly beans and peanut M&M’s.
841. little boys pretending to “camp” in the draw.
842. sunshine.
843. dinner around the table … all at the same time.
844. new to me binders.
845. names for baby animals.

848. shot-put practice in the yard.

851. a note from Jenny.

853. a wonderful hour with Jess and the kids.
854. grocery shopping quickly … and no long lines.

856. skinned knees and lessons learned.
857. first aid kits and hydrogen peroxide.
858. Judy.
859. support when handed questionable content.

861. Taco Bell $5 boxes.

863. seeing Star and Terri at track and remembering days before kids.
864. flowers picked just for me.

868. choosing to love Jesus.
869. watercolors.

870. arriving early.

874. eggs filled with sweetness.


875. flowers from Kendyl.

879. time to unwind.

881. green wheat fields waving hello … welcoming me home.

884. Mason’s willingness to admit to mistakes.
885. cattle trucks – filled in many different ways.

887. a bridesmaid dress that fits.
888. Hobby Lobby and treasures found.

890. Max Lucado’s way with words.

892. new shoes.
893. Easter eggs, dye, army men and flashlights.


















 

894. a note from the Easter bunny.

896. GPS and chasing dreams.
897. the power of words when they’re sung from the depths of one’s soul.

902. matching (in purple).
903. nursery duty and my patience practiced.
904. a fat lip.
905. beautiful voices harmonizing.
906. an entire pew filled with my favorite people.
907. the best afternoon in a long time.  {pictures to come on a later post}
908. “bawk bawk” and Tricia’s cookies.


909. a comfortable bed.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

I LOVE your Easter pictures; they are hysterical. Hope you are doing well friend!

Renegades said...

Great pictures.

Kerry said...

Love the pictures of the "boys" doing Easter-egg-dyeing, and the Easter-Egg-hunt by flashlight looks like a great way to spend an evening ..... :-)
Your list of {Chronicles} is getting close to 1,000 ..... preparing you to look for the next 1,000

Crystal said...

You are such a gifted writer! I love reading your thoughts and your meditations. All of the guys look like they were having great fun - even your DH with his subtle grin :) And hunting with flashlights - that's a first!! I love reading your blog - thanks for sharing so often! Happy End of April to you!

Kerry said...

I, too, {heart} my warm bed at the end of the day!!

Sweet Blessings said...

Smiling as I read your counting and ALL the great blessings surrounding you! Sweet blessings!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin