June 2, 2011

Dear Mason,


You finished kindergarten today.


It was pouring down rain when I dropped you off … and you rushed to get inside… but still took time to turn around and wave goodbye.

I sat in the car and watched you go, wondering if you knew what significance this day held.

It seemed to be just another ordinary day in your world – filled with the morning rush that our family can never seem to avoid, the search for matching boots, the grouchy little brother that doesn’t like to wake up, the school bags and lunches that need to be packed, and the quiet drive in the car along the freeway and Echo road.

The wipers swished back and forth as if to wave good-bye.

Goodbye to a wonderful first year of school.

Goodbye to an amazing teacher that encouraged you to be you … and treasured that unique spirit you carry with confidence.

Goodbye to mornings with Easton.

Goodbye to homework club.

Goodbye to Mrs. Cooley and Cadence too.

Goodbye to so much … but hello to even more.

Yes … hello to even more.

You’re growing up Mason – right before my very eyes.

And the funny thing is … people told me that this time of your life {and mine} would fly by – especially for me … and I believed them. Sort of.

But today, those words that I’ve heard over and over again became truth.

So I guess if time has to fly … we may as well fly kites and whisper {or even yell} hello to the next adventure.

Your biggest fan,

Mom

6 comments:

Katarina said...

Cheering Mason on!
So exciting for both of you.

Kerry said...

And MorMor and Papa are your second biggest fans! Way to go, Mason ...... and here's to a great summer of fun coming your way!

Sweet Blessings said...

Oh, I Love this post...& that growing boy of yours....It's so hard to believe he's a first grader now :D Wishing him a GREAT Summer of boy-filled FUN! Sweet blessings!

Becky said...

I am in tears! Mason, we are so proud of you. You had a great year of kindergarten and we are excited that you are a first grader now! With wings like yours, you are bound to soar! Love you!

Papa George said...

There's alot of competition for just who are exactly Mason's greatest fans. Too many kids don't have any fans. Mason is lucky to have dozens. But then he is an extraordinary kid. Love those pants with that special Mimzy sewing job.

Kirsten said...

Cheering you on! So proud of you Mas!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin