August 20, 2011

Once upon a hot summer day ...

there was a family who spent their time in the mountains.

They had fixed fence, found some stray pairs, and left salt under a tree or two - all before noon.

Around 12:30 they found a perfect spot for a picnic and enjoyed ham sandwiches, BBQ potato chips, and a fresh nectarines too.

With good intentions of fishing, but the water level low, the next best option for the afternoon was to take a dip in the creek that ran through the bottom of the pasture.

And the rest of the story goes a little something like this ...









It was indeed, an afternoon well spent in the cool, well-loved, enjoyable mountain pasture our cows call home.

Next time, their mom might remember to pack some extra clothes and even a towel or two ... or not.

3 comments:

Kerry said...

OH, MY GOODNESS ..... I don't know what to say other than: looks like you made their day! That's what I call making memories! :-)

Darcy said...

Their tan lines crack me up! Hooray for fun days in the water!

Unknown said...

hey girl! glad to see you back to posting! I enjoy every post! another blog (the cotton wife - you would love her) I read has a post with little b*oys buns walking across a field with his daddy and sister..... I love little buns! makes me smile!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin