Dear boys,
It's fall now.
Fall means feeding again.
Fall means twine, knives and pitchforks.
Fall means change... but really every season brings change, and at your young ages, you already know this.
In fact, you already know so much more than most your age when it comes to cows and tractors and irrigation.
You know how to work hard.
You know how to make a living.
You know that daylight is not meant to be wasted.
And you know that strength - inside and out - is the key to survival.
I used to wonder and worry if you'd like this lifestyle we've chosen to live.
If you'd be ok with less.
If you'd compare what we have to what others around us have.
If you'd want to be involved in all of the social things our friends do that we can't seem to work into our schedule.
I don't wonder any more. And really the wondering was more about me. Would I be ok with not being a soccer mom? Would I be ok with not being a part of Wednesday night at church? Would I be ok with less?
And boys, you know what?? ... you're more than "ok" with all that is involved in this pursuit of happiness for all things cattle.
You're thriving. And so am I.
You're fine with twine.
You're fine with working hard.
You're fine with all that you've been given & all that you're a part of.
You don't know life with tractors with cabs, and tractor seats that don't get wet.
But you do know life with the best dad around - who has taught you that working is necessary & can even be fun ... and that's worth everything!
With respect and pride for who you are now & who you will be in the future,
Mom
5 comments:
Dearest Lindsay, you are not living a life of "less"....you are living a life of fullness, of more than many have the opportunity to experience! You have a life of "more"!
HUGS
You have the real meaning of life figured out ..... and are teaching your boys well!
Way to go!
Ditto and Amen to the comments above! It's a great life you four get to lead! :)
This post just makes me smile...your boys and "YOU" are blessed beyond words...even on those days when feeding is a LOT of WORK!!! Love you sweet friend~ Sweet blessings!
I found you again, and thank you for the "roadmap" back. I'm not sure what happened on my toolbar, but I am sure it was not my fault. Hah! What a wonderful blog! Only you would find such joy in a box of "past due" tomatoes! Norah
Post a Comment