January 30, 2013

enough.


I know it's silly, but I often wonder if I'm enough.

I think we all do.

Am I doing enough?  Am I saving enough?  Am I resting enough?  Am I playing enough?  Am I encouraging enough?  Am I praying enough?  Am I enough?

I wonder & I fret, and I wonder some more ... and then I look up.

And I see the sky, and the clouds, and the beauty in all that is surrounding me & I remember.

It's not about me being enough or doing enough.

It's not about me at all.


It's really not even about my boys or my husband, or my mom or dad, or even my best friends being enough.

Nope.

It's about trusting in the One who is {enough} - in the light ... and in the dark.

The One who gives strength the weary & hope to the hopeless.

The One who loves the unlovely & clothes them with righteousness.

The One who protects and sings over us.


We had a bit of snow that was just enough at the end of December. It was enough to get the sleds out.  It was enough to build a snowman.  It was enough to remember that even when what you have doesn't seem like it's much - it's always enough.


It was enough to get us outside.  It was enough to slip and slide on.  It was enough to remind us of the beauty a skiff of snow can create.  It was enough.








And so tonight, as I find myself wondering if what I'm doing & who I am is enough again for the 589th time ... I'm going to remember this day in December of 2012 when it didn't seem like there was going to be enough, but there really was more than enough.


More than enough of the One who gives us just enough.


And that is enough.

3 comments:

Kerry said...

You have it right ..... we will never be enough because we're not supposed to be! The Lord Jesus is our righteousness covering our inadequacies.

B.R. said...

Just what I needed to hear tonight. Thank you. :)

Sweet Blessings said...

So smiling at the ways you make words come alive!!! And, at how cute your boys are!!! Sweet blessings!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin