January 2, 2013

why do you follow us?

We don't spend much time inside.



Not much time at all.


Even when it's cold, we're outside. Outside, living.


Trying to figure out ways to stay warm, entertained, and smiling.


We run, we push, and we lead the way home - that place where you know you're meant to be.


And we're followed.


Not just by cows, but by people too.


I think they follow us for the same reasons really.

Reasons that we may never fully understand, but reasons that seem to draw the best out of those who follow.


It's as simple as this:  following a life that is shared is a life worth following.


Willingly, openly, and freely shared.


Ordinary to us, extraordinary to others.

Simple to us, supernatural to others.

Head turning, eye-raising, and definitely worth your attention.


Not because of our name, our status, our height & weight, our circle of friends, our bank account, or our stuff, but because we are sharing real, authentic, genuine life with you. Not perfect, but real and true.

The good, the bad, and the ugly.

It's got Jesus written all over it ... & I pray with all that I am {and all He's made me to be} that it isn't a show you're following ... it's a life, a story, and maybe even a chapter book that always keeps you coming back for more.

Not more of us, but more of Him.


Because this really is His story.

3 comments:

Sweet Blessings said...

I follow you, because I LOVE the way GOD speaks through you...and I Love that He has blessed our lives with you! Sweet blessings!

Kristie said...

God is doing such a great work in you and through you. I'm honored to be witnessing it and to sometimes be a little part of it. God uses people in our lives to show us the way, to encourage us, to support us and to remind us how much He loves us. Thankful that you, Ian and your boys are part of our "people". Love you!!

Crystal said...

You really do live the way to Him - and I love seeing how and what that means in your actions, your words and your photos. He has created such a good work through you and this blog, Lindsay. All praise to Him!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin