We watch this show called Gold Rush. Maybe you've seen it. It's a favorite around here. It's about these families putting all their hope and faith into a rock.
They spend all their time and energy doing something that they love hoping it will amount to something great.
They sacrifice much just to make a little gain, and they run the risk of ending up with nothing.
One of the things I love most about it, is that they work as a team. They make a plan, they work together {although it's not always willingly}, and no matter what, the end result is usually something worth coming back for. It's worth fighting for. It's worth digging for. It's worth hoping for.
My boys don't know that we don't have gold. I don't have the heart to tell them. Would you?
I do know this though...
Although we don't have gold under our squeeze chute, we do have worth.
We've been made to shine.
We are valued.
We are loved.
We are chosen.
And that's worth putting every ounce of energy into.
Every. Single. Day.
3 comments:
Amen! :)
Don't you just wish there WAS GOLD under all our squeeze chutes though :) That would totally make doing what we do EVEN better :) Sweet blessings!
God's Gold is all around us .... and I love the way you help us see it in ordinary life!
Thanks for helping me dig for it!
Love you,
Mom
Post a Comment