May 26, 2013
march.
There was a day in March when the sky was blue, the air was warm, and this road on the feed ground called my name. I opened the kitchen window that afternoon and heard it in a whisper through the breeze.
"It's here. The month to march around walls in our lives and pray for God to bring down everything that keeps us from Him."
- Ann Voskamp
It doesn't look like there are walls of any sort in our world. But there are. In fact, I think the tallest and thickest walls are where you least expect them. Maybe even where you don't see them with the naked eye. There, in the wide open spaces, are invisible walls. Walls that hold in worry. Walls that build up fear. Walls that discourage. Walls that give in. Walls that know His love is there but sometimes try to keep His love at a distance.
Oh how I'm trying to break free of the daily {even hourly} frustration. I'm trying to get a handle on the raising of my voice. I'm searching for ways to say yes instead of no. No builds walls. Yes tears them down.
This road sign is a beacon. It shouts through the yellow and black.
The {right} way is up ahead.
Home is {right} where you need to be.
Circle. Keep turning to the {right} and the walls will fall down.
March on.
Spring is here & with each step, you will see beauty & light ... and so much more.
You will feel it tug at your heart and you'll know that it's better to let the light shine than to keep yourself protected. Walls are temporary - even when they're well built. No one wants to be friends with a wall. They want to be friends with one that lets them in - with nothing to hide. They want the real deal, not the view through the window or the peep hole in the door. They want what will make them better too.
So as the sun sets on another day, look at the world around you and see the beauty in the light. See the straw, and the grass, and the golden hues. See the goodness that catches the light just right and lets the world see that everything ordinary about you is extraordinary because of God.
And know that even when you have to pick your nose, you're beautiful because you're you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love your writing Lindsay and it was just what I needed. Always a good read and I needed to smile & just think. I to need to learn to say "yes" & not "no" all the time. So thankful to know too that when I need to pick my nose Im still beautiful. Love ya & hugs.
Post a Comment