January 16, 2007

Learning Curve

So – I’m beginning to wonder what I ever did with my time before I was married…before I lived on a farm…before I was a partner in Murdock Cattle…before I had a toddler and a baby on the way…before today.
My house is a mess, there are piles of laundry waiting for a chance to be washed, the counter is cluttered, I found two bills I forgot to pay this morning (due last week), the bathrooms need to be cleaned, the couch – which has become Ian’s bed - is covered with blankets, cell phones, an alarm clock, long underwear, & socks, and yet… I’m still smiling.
It’s freezing cold, we lost our first calf last night, and I’m still smiling.
My husband ran over to the pickup as I drove out of the driveway this morning, gave our son a great big kiss, and yelled I love you as he ran back to the barn… I’m definitely smiling!

I learned how to drive with the trailer this weekend.
I learned how to hook up the trailer by myself this weekend.
I learned how to cast a baby calf’s leg this weekend.
I learned a lot of “vet” terms this weekend.
I watched a baby calf stand for the first time on its own with a cast.
I watched my husband pull with all his might and still have no success pulling a calf.
I watched a cow have a C-Section and its 130 lb (way too big) calf come out alive.
I watched my son follow his daddy & the vet around trying to learn all he could.
I experienced things this weekend that I’m blessed to say are part of our life.
I experienced love and appreciation and respect for my husband in new ways.
I experienced life.

Thanks for all the comments & prayers concerning Mason. He’s doing very well. His eye looks 100% better, his elbow is still swollen and bruised, he still has a bit of fear when we go to the barn – won’t come in without some serious coaxing, and he still loves his cows!

Here’s to warmer temperatures, more beautiful sunsets, and love like we’ve never experienced before!







3 comments:

Kristie said...

Wow! Amazing story of love! Your smile will be uplifting to all that see it today! Take care of all those new babies in the field! Everything else will eventually take care of itself!

Anonymous said...

You amaze me Linds! Always (well, almost always) willing, always learning....experiencing life to the fullest!!
I see you growing in your ability to "be content in whatever state you are in" by being a good helpmate for Ian. God is blessing your spirit of willingness!
Proud of you Linds!!
LOVE the pictures of the weekend's activities.

Stacy B said...

Lindsay, is that a cow in your kitchen? How fun. Life is an adventure.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin