January 31, 2007

Yesterday

Where do I start?!

My mind is flashing back to life in the big blue house when my roommates and I used to do “high-low” at the end of the day. I looked forward to that time because it let you see inside their day and understand what was going on in their world. It gave you an opportunity to be excited with them, to cry with them, to laugh with them… it was all about being human and sharing LIFE with each other.

I love that about this blog… I get to share LIFE… unedited, real, meaningful LIFE with others.

Yesterday was all about HIGH.
…I can’t really think of a low at all.

Opened my email and {YOU’VE GOT MAIL} is an understatement.
Derek Munson – the author I had the opportunity to spend time with a few weeks ago – had written me an email. We’d been emailing back and forth since his visit… but this email had definite meaning. He had read my blog. He loved that my blog “opened up access to me in a whole new way.” He was so complimentary... and he wanted me to know that he had commented on my blog. I couldn't get to my blog page fast enough. {am I pathetic or what?!}
So, so, so thankful for this friendship and for his words of encouragement to continue writing. Where will this take me in my writing? Don’t know, but it’s encouraging.

Mom & dad are here for 6 whole days – YEAH!! They came to school, spent time in my world, complimented my efforts. LOVE them and am blessed with their spirits and their positive attitudes! Mason was so excited to see them as he realized there was another car in the driveway when I picked him up from daycare. He ran to the fence saying “papa, papa!” (doesn’t quite have “grammy” figured out yet… but we’re getting there) Love, love, love that he gets to sleep in for the next few days and spend quality time with Grammy & Papa!

Went to the Ione/Echo basketball game last night. Got to visit with Bryn, people from her wonderful little community, and Brenna. Picked up the painting of Mason… can’t believe how amazing it is in real life… can’t believe that Brenna painted it and “gave” it to us to treasure! “Thank You” doesn’t even cut it… Blessed – maybe, Grateful – totally!

Enjoyed dinner with my family.
Read stories to my son as he struggled to fall asleep.
Laughed with my husband.
Treasured the "moments" of the day.

High – too many to count!
Low – can’t think of a thing!

God is good – all the time!
1 Peter 3:8,9
Be agreeable, by sympathetic, be loving, be compassionate, be humble. That goes for all of you, no exception. No retaliation. No sharp-tongued sarcasm. Instead, bless - that's your job, to bless. You'll be a blessing and also get a blessing.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aaaahhh, such a refreshing post.
So happy to see that you had such an awesome day. It sounds perfect to me! What a lovely little world you have made for your family.
:) Happy Wednesday! Have a great week!!!

Brenda said...

Lindsay,
As I read your post, I could see your beaming face and hear the excitement in your voice.
We are so blessed that you are willing to share your life, your insights and your wisdom with all of us! May today be equally "high"!

Anonymous said...

So glad you are having fun with your family! Looking forward to this weekend also!

Kristie said...

Yeah for your wonderful day! God is good and He is faithful! Even on the days were the lows are more than the highs He is still on our side and the first to pick up our chin and wipe our tears away! I hope you have the best time this weekend! I'll be thinking about you guys and missing you! The verse that you shared speaks directly to my heart! Its my time to give the blessing and my God will be faithful to me in that choice! Love you!

Shannon said...

Wow! So love this post. How encouraging about your writing...you truly are blessed.

Michelle said...

What a fun post... love the highs!

Anonymous said...

So happy for you and excited to see what will happen in your future! And then I'll be able to say "I knew her when...." :)

Love,
Katie

Ronda said...

Hurray for you Linds! Sometimes we need the lows to appreciate the highs! So glad that your parents are here for a few days to love on Mason! So glad that you had a high day and that you shared it with us.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin