January 19, 2007

Things Happen for a Reason

The past few days have been interesting.

First of all, let me just start by saying that I believe there is a purpose for everything.
I believe that things happen for a reason… even if we don’t fully understand why.
I believe that God knows what we need, when we need it, and why we need it… even when nothing makes sense to us.

My dear friend Ronda needs your prayers. Her family is dealing with so much right now and only God can give them the peace and reassurance they need right now. Her husband is in the hospital, due to a stroke he had on Wednesday morning, and seems to be doing ok, but still isn’t feeling very well. Her 4 year old son had a tooth break off at the gum line Thursday morning, which required an emergency surgery.
Their spirits are amazingly high – Praise God – even though everything seems to have happened at once! Things are happening to this sweet family for a reason!



My job as the school librarian is challenging, interesting, fun, tiresome, but definitely has its “perks.” I met an amazing author from here in the Northwest on Thursday and spent some “quality” time visiting with him about life, about books, about writing, about my future as a writer, about God working through us as we write… about everything!
It was AWESOME!
He was inspiring and encouraging, and I’m thankful I got to connect with him. He has written an awesome children’s story about peace, possibility, and friendship… and I totally recommend it to any of you who have children. Go to this link http://www.enemypie.com/ and you can hear the story online – it’s great!
I don’t know if my writing is going to amount to anything in the future, but I definitely have a different attitude and perspective on it since meeting Derek.
Things happen for a reason!






At our monthly tech meeting last night (not my favorite part of the job) we were told there is going to be a new filtering system put on our school district's internet system. It will provide more protection so that kids can’t access “bad” stuff from school… but it will also block “blogger.” I’m struggling with this because I have no internet access at home and it doesn’t look like I’ll ever have it. I can still write at home and upload from somewhere else, but I won’t be able to spend my lunch break or my spare minutes commenting, smiling, laughing, praying… as I look and read through my friends blogs. I’m not sure when this goes into affect… but if in the next few weeks you notice I’m not commenting or posting as much (or at all), there is a reason.
It’s Frustrating – but like I said… I believe things happen for a reason!



I walked in my house last night, finding dinner ready, everything vacuumed, the laundry done and put away, the bathrooms clean, the kitchen counter wiped down and clear of clutter… not the way I left it yesterday morning…
I have the best mother-in-law in America folks!! Thanks Donna for everything! You don’t know how much I needed that… and how nice it was to sit with my boys and enjoy the evening not looking at the mess around me and feeling overwhelmed!
Thank you – thank you – thank you!! We love you! Things happen for a reason…



It was Dylan's 3rd birthday yesterday!
He is such a precious little boy - full of energy, full of spunk, full of love!
He was a gift from God to his family ... and to all of us!
Things happen for a reason!


Have a great weekend!

Trust in God when unexpected things happen - they happen for a reason!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

OH MY!!! What a big post! So many thoughts are running through my head... I can't believe Lon is in the Hospital!!!! I will pray for them. Please tell Ronda that we love them... and we'll be praying! Second, I KNEW that Mr. Munson was a believer!!! I just knew it. I wanted to have a chat with him about "life"... but our schedule was way too tight! I am sooooo glad that you had time to feel encouraged about writing. You have had a love for children's literature for so long!!! It seems to be a door the Lord is opening for you! Lastly, I am sorry about the filtering system. WHAT a BUMMER for employees.... but so good for the kids. Something will work out! Love you! And way to go... Mrs. Murdock (your mother-in-law!)

Anonymous said...

Wow, blessings are abundant in your life ... name them, one by one. I'm excited to see how God is going to bring "all things together for good" in your life.... how He will provide a way for you to continue blogging on a regular basis...and how He will use the interaction you had with the author that visited your school.... I'm glad that he encouraged you to consider writing a book someday!
Donna, what a blessing you are.... giving Lindsay, Ian, and Mason that much needed boost in bringing calm to their hectic lives.

Melissa said...

What inspiring words. Yes things happen for a purpose. I am interested in those books!! Have a great day! Love you friend! Mel

Anonymous said...

WOW Linds!
What a great post!
Everything does happen for a reason. And what a great mother n law you have!

Kristie said...

I'm sure that things will work themselves out. God is never late and He does all things for good. Our understanding of the plan is secondary just as you said. Really focusing on that right now! Take care!

Anonymous said...

Oh' Man. I am sad that you won't be able to post as much. Feeling kind-of selfish about it, but I almost NEED your posts now. They really make me feel happier, and just better. Weird, isn't it. You just think SO much like me, but you are so, so, so much better at putting those thoughts into words. Sometimes, I can't even really put them into real thoughts, let alone words. And you are so good at it.
And what a lucky daughter-in-law you are. I am sure that you are loved by so many! Thanks for one more awesome post! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

I have my own autographed (treasured!) copy of Enemy Pie from when Derek paid a visit to Highlands last year. I love the book. And even more, I loved the way he encouraged our kids and gave them the message about how hard it can be to get to the "publish" point in their writing... the old edit, revise, edit, revise (oh, and did I mention REVISE!!) message that somehow they never believe from their teacher! Too bad about the filters. I would miss reading your story, and understand how frustrating something meant to protect can be.

Anonymous said...

Amen. I love the way you are able to keep everything in perspective!

Love you,
Katie

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin