April 18, 2007

Day to Day

Today was a BUSY day. I hardly had a chance to sit. But... that is just part of being a teacher.

Some days are crazy busy.
Other days are soooo ssslllloooowwww.
The weeks still seem to fly right by.
I can't believe there are only 35 days of school left (I'm not counting or anything).

I always wanted to be a teacher.
I couldn't wait to have my own bulletin boards to decorate.
I couldn't wait to have my own classroom.
I loved learning - still do - and appreciate a good teacher when I see one.

Yesterday I was able to "substitute" for a few of the classes while teachers met with our great TECH guy JOE!!
I did an hour with 1st grade, an hour with 4th grade, an hour with 3rd grade, and an hour with 2nd grade.

It made me miss having my own classroom.
It felt good to step in and know what to do.
It was natural.

Teaching isn't easy.
Teaching challenges & strengthens me as an individual.
Teaching makes me appreciate the "small things."
Teaching causes gray hair.
Teaching brings a smile to my face.

I'm thankful I have a job that I enjoy.

It's a job that changes every day.
It's a job where there is always something new to learn or try.
It's a job where there are new people to work with, new families to welcome, new projects to tackle.

There are a lot of days when I wish I could be a stay-at-home mom... I guess I'm a "stay-at-home wanna be".
There are days when I leave in tears.
There are days when frustration pours out of me.

but... there are always those days that make me realize that I'm doing what I was created to do.

Teach.

7 comments:

Becky said...

I feel the same way- way to go Lindsay!

Kristie said...

I'm a "stay-at-home wanna be" too! Keep doing what you do with your whole heart! Our children need you!

Anonymous said...

The career of teaching was cemented by God into your dreams long, long ago.....and His gifting is daily evident in your library/classroom. I remember with pride the day you were selected as "Teacher of the Year" for Rocky Heights!! Maybe they'll be a day, down the road, that God allows you to be a "stay-at-home Mom".

Anonymous said...

Oops....
Just saw that I mis-typed "there'll".
I used to be a great proof-reader.
:-)

Anonymous said...

Oh' how I can relate. I could have typed this whole post, almost word for word. ( Except, I don't teach. ) I think this is the time of year when we all start longing to be home. Knowing that summer is right around the corner and there are so many things that could be done at home. I am a stay-at-home-mom-wannabe too! But, I know for sure that you library girls at Rocky have made a difference in my kids' lives. You really, really do make a difference, and you know that you were made to be both an awesome teacher, and an awesome Mommy. The trick is finding balance between them both.

Happy Thursday!

Jennifer said...

I'm also a stay-at-home wanna be! It's hard to have to work and not see your children all of the time. However, we are blessed to have the jobs that we do and to have the ability to inspire many children to be all that God has created them to be (even if we can't say that to them exactly). We just have to have balance and be sure that we are giving our children quality time since we can't give them quantity! =)

Stacy B said...

I also think it would be great to stay home but know that I would go crazy! I love my job and the ability to help people and to use my brain. Teaching is a calling and it is a joy to watch master teachers at work. Joe speaks of you on this level. Hang in there! Only 34 days left.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin