April 13, 2007

Keys

Mason is infatuated with keys.
He has totally figured out how they work and knows that they are important.
He knows which key goes to which truck.
He likes to carry them around in his “pock.”
He loves to put them in the locks and the ignition. (not such a good thing)

We finally got smart and gave him the keys that are “unknown” or extras and put them all on one ring with a cow tag. He loves them - but still would rather have "our" keys.

The keys haven’t been a problem… until today.
It’s 6:15 a.m. and Ian is searching for his pickup keys.
Mason is the first and only suspect.
Ian is standing in the kitchen… and approaches Mason who has just stumbled out of bed and is still sporting his pajamas.
He gets “eye-level” with our little man and says - where are my keys?
Mason replies “my gadu” (my gator) and runs straight for the door.
He jumps down the stairs, runs around the shrubs and gets in his gator… but guess what … NO KEYS!
As he turns to face his dad – his hands go straight to his face and he does the “Home Alone” look and says “oh no” at least 3 times. (thanks for teaching him that mom!)
It is 6:25 and we are all looking for the keys… searching the yard, the water troughs, the fence line and then Ian notices my hoe laying next to the cement wall.
Mason had dug a hole and buried the keys.

And we thought only our dogs were capable of that.

Wish I had captured it with my camera…it was priceless.
so... because I didn't... you at least get to see pictures with his favorite thing besides his dad - his gator!





~don't you love the helmet!?~
(we are all about being as safe as possible)

15 comments:

Becky said...

good thing you found them!

Michelle said...

That story is PRICELESS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh' My Goodness. That is so, so, so precious. (probably NOT what Ian was saying at that time of the morning. For Sure not what MY husband would have been saying!!! )
That is the cutest thing. That is a story to remember.

Shannon said...

um...how did you not notice the digging of the hole in process?

Love that he's wearing a helmet (with the little black eye under it.) Smart mamma!

Lindsay said...

Shannon ~ um... I would have noticed... but I was at a VBS meeting with you :) hmmmm....
Ian was digging last night (not burying things) and little Mr. ME TOO was following right behind.

Kristie said...

Good times! These are the important things!;) Love the helmet too! Nice that he stole Ian's keys when Ian was on duty! Sounds like you need a key hook located high off the ground!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that he picked up the "Home Alone" look from me, too!
You have to admit that it is pretty cute to see him so expressive!!

Ronda said...

Too too funny!!! I know it wasn't funny this morning...sure makes a great story for years to come! I have to agree with Mor Mor and being expressive! Gotta love it!

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! I just have to laugh that it happened while Dad was on "duty"!

Love,
Katie

Tiffany said...

That is the funniest thing I've ever heard a little boy doing! The helmet is adorable by the way. :o)

Stacy B said...

This story is just the best! What a guy. I just love the picture of him driving off into the fields.

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of him in the mud puddle AND the one driving in the field!!

Shannon said...

Linds that's hilarious! Oh dads!

Anonymous said...

Lindsay your pictures are wonderful. and the land on which you live is blessed. I am glad to hear you found the keys. maybe i should search for holes in my yard to see if i can find my missing glasses.... ;)

Anonymous said...

I looked at the pictures first and was fearful the keys were lost in that big puddle of water. Sounds like you were very lucky to find them in the buried hole. That is CLASSIC!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin